Oxygen Sensors For The 2.4 Efi

zero

I spent a lot more time then planned simpy trying to get a new oxygen sensor for my 1988 2.4 EFI engine. In a 1988 Toyota Minicrusier RV. I also had a 1987 cab & chassis box truck that had the same sensor.

Two tries from auto parts stores got me the wrong sensor with four wires instead of one. All their catalogs only showed a one-wire sensor for engine with carbs and only a four-wire for fuel-injection. I had similar trouble years back with a 1985 Chevy with an oxygen sensor and a carb (with electric venturis). I tried the vehicle lookup at the Bosch site and still came up with only the four-wire sensor.

Long story a bit shorter - the OEM number from Toyota by VIN was 89465-19055. That was discontinued and replaced with 89465-19565.

Airtex/Wells subs that over to the Bosch 19051 (sold only for carbed engines by Bosch). Or a Denso 234-1051.

So I guess a "carbed" oxygen sensor it is for my EFI engine.

kind of a change over time my dolphin 22re late 1986 chassis takes the one wire none heated oxygen sensor. my 1988 on paper November 1987 4wd xtra cab takes the four wire type. and they are not in the same place. the 86 is in the exst manifold handy 5 min job. on my truck they moved the sensor to down on the ext pipe under the cab floor. and to get the wires which come thru the floor you must take the seat out. truck is a 60 40 split back bench I hate it. the camper bucket seats are wonderful.

On the Amazon link, I'm appreciative of the 5 star ratings but it is important to note that under technical details under exterior, it lists as "ready to paint". Please plan accordingly. There are days I hate my propensity to read stuff like that.

These will work just fine on pretty much any thing with a one wire O2 sensor. http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Oxygen-O2-Sensor-Universal/_/R-BSA12031_0303580374