I changed my oil today and with filter added 3 1/2 qts and am way over full on dipstick, I was the last time but didn't think too much about it, the factory manual says 4 qts. any help, also the filter is very small I wonder if anyone has used a larger filter, possibly Mike with the diesel?

wiley

87 Dolphin, 5 speed manual.

I DO!!! The Fram PN is PH 3600, I don't use Fram but the number will cross to what every brand you use.. It hold about 2x the oil of the stock filter.

On my toyota P/U and the camper, I have had only the 22R motor, not the FI model. But I always used the full sized PH8a filter. Drove my toyota PU for 180K miles with a regular PH8a filter on it, much larger than the OEM but same threads and O-Ring size. When I got this motorhome, I immediately did an oil change on it - and used the big filter on it too.

I like the idea of the larger filter. What different oil weights are some of you guys using? And, to stay on topic here, 3 1/2 half quarts does sound off. I have'nt had my camper long, but am ready to do first oil change. My guess would have been 4+quarts .

I'm using 20-50 in everything. I think I know the problem, just rebuilt the engine and had the dipstick tube out and when replaced pounded it in to far.