1985 Chevy S10 Bonanza Bandit Rv - $2000 (Albuquerque)

moses195

Good price for a Chinook-like vehicle with more modern tweaks. 2.8 Buick V6, four-speed auto trans with OD and lock-up converter, power-steering, etc. Good buy for $2000. If it was 200 miles near to me - I'd buy it in a flash.

FWD...4 cyl. ???????????????? HUH?

2.8 is a B.O.P. engine. That is - has a bolt pattern for the Buick-Oldsmobile-Pontiac design instead of Chevrolet or GMC. My only concern with a S10 chassis built before 1988 with a 2.8 is finding a good transmission core to beef up and rebuild. 1985 and older cores are almost not worth rebuilding.They were plagued with problems (big ones). Some important mods were made in 1986 and cannot be retrofitted to the older transmissions. Plenty of good newer cores for Chevys and GMCs that had four-bangers or 4.3 V6s. Not quite as common for B.O.P engines but I assume they can be found.

Funny thing about GM frames in general. Several micro-mini RV companies tried using Ford Rangers or Chevy S10s in place of Nissan or Toyota mini-trucks. The general complaint was that the Fords and Chevys were too expensive and too heavy (in the wrong places) to work as well as the Asian trucks.

Don't quite understand the Buick-Olds-Pontiac (only?) reference. The LR2 is Chevy-GMC (and Jeep, if you like).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_60%C2%B0_V6_engine

Appears I am wrong. I had to find a trans for my 1986 S15 Jimmy with a 2.8 and I would of sworn it was not standard Chevy pattern like the 4.3 uses (and it wasn't).. But . . according to the Net, the 2.8 uses the "Chevy Metric" pattern. So, I just learned something new. Or . . maybe two things. One - the pattern,and two - my brain is playing tricks on me. The 4.3 uses the old standard Chevy pattern that I assume began in 1955.

GM metric pattern[edit]
220px-GM_60deg_V6_bellhousing.JPG
Also called the GM small corporate pattern and the S10 pattern

This pattern has a distinctive odd-sided hexagonal shape. Rear wheel drive applications have the starter mounted on the right side of the block (when viewed from the flywheel) and on the opposite side of the block than front wheel drive. The 2.2l S10/Sonoma had the starter located in the same position as front wheel drive cars. A rear wheel drive bellhousing is displayed at right.