I had a 91 Itasca and it had the most powerful easy to push brakes. Unfortunatley at that time I decided the Toys were not what I needed. Now I am recommitted and have another 91 Winnebago. Although there was front brake work done just recently by previous owner these brakes seem to have very little power and there is alot of pushing. I have three hernia areas and a soft quick response on the brake is what I need. Can anyone that can get the mhome up on a lift do the brakes or does someone need to be especially knowledgeable about the systems in these little motorhomes. And are any brake parts ok or are there preferred ones to stop these easier? One last thing do any of you experts know if these are hydroboost or vacuum boost brakes? Thank you Doug

My toy is an 86 and has power brakes, so a 91 should also. To check just remove and plug the vacuumn hose going to the booster. The go for a slow drive around the block, then hook the hose back up and see if there is any change.

Also many of us have readjusted or defeted the rear brake bais valve. This lets the rear brakes to their share of the stopping

The 'proper' way to check a brake booster is to put your foot on the pedal, then start the engine. If the vacuum booster is working properly, your brake pedal will sink an inch or so after the engine starts. You could look under the hood at the master cylinder, and make sure that there's a brake booster behind it first. I doubt however, that this vehicle has manual brakes as power brakes have been the norm for years.