Kalispell, Montana To Bellingham, Washington

Dolphinite no longer here

We had a nice run from Kalispell to Bellingham and back these last five days. We took I-90 most of the way because we had a schedule to keep and an ETA we had to make in Bellingham. The '85 Dolphin ran just fine over the three main passes but we definitely need new, thicker foam on the rear dinette which is where we sleep.

We're putting the old girl in her shed for the Winter and I'll have lots of time to have the whole thing ready for sale in the Spring. I think I'm going back to tents and backpacks...

John

• 2 weeks later...

I must say I am completely spoiled by my camper. The luxury of a clean toilet and my own bed anywhere I go is too much to let go of. I roughed it all the years my kids were growing up and midnight walks to a pit toilet are something I never want to do again. Not to mention the " make my own better than Starbucks coffee" and brownies at night. How does your wife feel about tent camping John

Linda S

That's my thing. I still backpack, and still sometimes car camp without my camper, if it makes sense, depending on who I'm going with. I'm not going to turn down a ride from someone and drive the Chinook and have 4 vehicles and 6 people camping, just so I can have my camper. Most of the time...

But it's nice to have the thing for all the times that it does make sense.

So, just saying...making the decision to completely give up the kind of comfort camping that only an RV can supply is a bold move. And one I respect, though I don't know the exact reasons, and figure they're none of my business.