What's The Fuel Filler Hose Supposed To Look Like?

Finally got some ramps to run the 86 Dolphin up on to make it easier to get under there. I still have that "takes forever to put gas in" problem. So I'm looking at this fuel hose, parts of it are metal, parts or it are rubber. It goes down, it goes up again, up and down. Looks like it could be another DIY Frankenstein fix. So I'm thinking, "No wonder". Might be something that I have to learn to live with for a while, I imagine that's going to be an expensive replacement to do it right. But I don't know what it's supposed to look like.

Sounds normal!
Also check vent hose, it should run uphill all the way, no sags.

my 87 dolphin model 400 only had the top metal filler neck the two hoses large and small straight to the tank. the large hose is sold by the inch yes inch not by the foot. I think I paid about 30 dollars. it is special for gas. warning do not use radiator hose you will have rubber in your fuel system. car quest or napa. I had a strong odor of gasoline in the camper. the old hose was totally shot.

Sounds normal!

Also check vent hose, it should run uphill all the way, no sags.

Thanks. Hmmmm, the vent hose seems to just follow the filler hose on top. Maybe it's supposed to take another path. More direct. I'll have to study it more one of these days. The trouble with owning a strange beast, I don't know of another one around here that I could look at. Thank goodness for you guys.

both hoses are on the metal filler neck and go straight to the gas tank. getting to them some times varies a little by model on myn I undid the screws at the filler then the tank and pulled it strait out not the funest job to do hard to get back on the tank . had to lower the tank some not all the way. do outside only with half a tank no gas came out but the fumes where horable don't use a light be very careful a good breze to carry the fumes helped very bad under there.

vent hose can go bad inside the hose causing vent problem. my 4wD has same thing fumes by the bed is 88 xtra cabneeds new hose also