Possibly Selling My Baby

Kensandiego

Well I can't believe I am posting this but my wife wants a trailer so we may be selling my pride and joy. 1992 Toyota Winnebago Itasca. I am the 2nd owner and have been for 5 years, all maintanence has been done at Toyota of El cajon for 20 years including oil changes and even windshield wipers, I have piles of receipts. New fridge this year $1,000, new 4" exhaust last year $400, complete top end rebuild 4 years ago by toyota including all belts, hoses, sensors, radiator, intake/exhaust valves at $3800. Currently has 79,879 miles. Have driven thousands of miles since rebuild. This is a turn key gem, EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT. AC. Furnace, Kohler generator, Auto V6, averages 15mpg, top speed 85 mph on freeway, cruise control, fridge, microwave. welded on tow hitch. newer tires.Sleeps 4, dinette and couch converts to bed, standing separate shower. I have driven this from san diego to montana and wisconsin numerous times with my family. We camp up to 10 times per year and this really has been our family wagon I usually do craigslist , I have been a member of this great forum for 5 years now, you can see all my posts. So I thought I would start here. I am asking $11,500 as this really is an incredible find. Feel free to hit me up with questions, I am in no rush to sell and have another camping trip coming up in 4 weeks. The pictures are from our current labor day trip. Thank you.

$11,500 Ken

post-4780-0-65394600-1409616390_thumb.jp

post-4780-0-85687900-1409616406_thumb.jp

post-4780-0-55352400-1409616418_thumb.jp

post-4780-0-92112400-1409616432_thumb.jp

post-4780-0-20368400-1409616445_thumb.jp

post-4780-0-10285100-1409616460_thumb.jp

post-4780-0-90991800-1409616473_thumb.jp

post-4780-0-28205200-1409616488_thumb.jp

Edited by Kensandiego

LOL Linda!! A trailer can't beat this, we tend to camp local now not so much cross country and my wife would really like to have a separate vehicle once we get there. Plus she feels the kids are getting too big and want to bring friends, hence the trailer idea....

Bring a tent for the kids and their friends. Pulling a trailer is not fun. Have to search to always find places at stores and gas stations where you can pull through. Just wait until someone pulls in and you have to back up to get out.

Linda S

I would think seriously about keeping that gem. With a trailer, you have to have a tow vehicle. You will be hauling your kids (plural) and their friends, so you will need something like a Suburban or very large van. If you have a tow vehicle smaller than that, you will have to take another vehicle anyway to haul kids. If you are camping locally, take the RV, haul the kids in a separate vehicle and let them sleep in a tent like Linda suggested.

We had a pop-up when the kids were smaller, but, now that the kids are on their own, we love our RV. We still have a pop-up for the kids to use but they have to drive the tow vehicle and they travel with us.

My wife had a stroke when she was 40 and we need to have the toilet available at all times so the RV is the only way for us to travel is with the RV. If we unhitched from the trailer and went somewhere with the tow vehicle, it could really ruin the day not having the toilet available.

I always think of getting a bigger motor home but if I do I will still keep the toy for the short trips. I think of the places that I've stop with the toy that I probably could not do with a trailer or anything bigger. Thrift shops, local restaurants and such, mind you these are all local things we like to do. Lunch on the fly. My kids get tired of being strapped in so they hop in back and pull out the DVD player grab a soda from the refer and have fun.

And for talking local if the camp sites are full we find the nearest Wall mart and then hit the local spots the next day. You can't leave your trailer at Wall mart while you hit the shops.

Get the trailer and keep the toy!

theirs only a few camp sites that can handle a trailer in San Diego

Green Valley has only 4/5 sites

Palomar Mnt. has about 6/8 sites

Lake Jennings has a lot of sites

your going to need 2 small generators hocked up in parallel to run your trailer theirs not a lot of full hock up sites

I like the tent idea that's how we camped after we outgrew our motorhome parents slept in rv me and brothers slept in tent

plus you have the new San Diego city rv zoning laws on where you can park rv/trailer (not sure about El Cajon zone laws)