Ventilation Dilemna

I'm still planning the renovations to the 86 Sunrader I bought. This Sunrader has no fan driven ventilation at all. There is a roof vent in the rear bathroom. The hood over the 4 burner range / oven recirculates. There is a roof top AC unit and I've been told it works but I would not bet any money on it working. There is no hatch/vent over the sleeping area (this is, I think, a Midwest Sunrader).
When I go camping, I go to cool places (I prefer above the arctic circle). I never go south, although I might consider it in the Winter. I say this because I'm not attached to the AC unit on the roof.
Folks that pull Casita's often remove the hood over their stoves an install a make up air vent that relies on the fantastic fan to exhaust the cooking gasses and odors.
I would appreciate the opinions/ ideas of those that view my post as to what to do about coach ventilation. I know I need some but I'm not sure where.
Thanks,
Steve

I removed my AC and put a Maxx fan vent in it's place. No 12 volt there so I wired it to the nearest light and used stick on cord carriers to keep the wires held neatly to the ceiling. Vents in and out and doesn't need a rain cover. Cover is built in to the unit. I think it's 9 years old now but still works perfect and moves tons of air. I almost never use it on more than low speed

Linda S

my dolphin has ac plus a front power vent in the cabover and in the bathroom and po put covers on them.

I removed the A/C unit from my Escaper and installed a MaxxFan unit. I got it on EBay and love it. We never have shore power when we camp so we would never use the A/C anyway. My daughter slept in the RV in my driveway for a few days and turned on the a/c for a couple of hours. They turned it off because it sounded like a jet was sitting on the roof.

We used our MaxxFan quite frequently while we were parked at night on vacation. I think dumping the a/c was a good idea for us.

I like the AC but installed a MaxxAir 7500 in a vent and love it. You can set a tempature and it will open and run fan automatically.

But if you are using it to suck air out of the RV where does the incoming air come from??? The best I've come up with so far, and would be easier then punching holes in the floor, is to install a screened and closeable vent on the entry door at the bottom. Any other ideas ???

vanman

Nothing unique to add. I removed the roof AC from our Miincruiser and stuck in a Fantastic van - and love it. Variable speed and reversible. Used the existing 12 gauge AC wiring on the ceiling. Just unhooked it at the nearest junction box and tied it into a 12 volts DC circuit. Stuck a duplex outlet in that junction box and got an extra AC outlet out of the deal.

I thought the range hoods were vented I can hear a flap slapping when I turn mine on or off as my wife has mager asma we use it at times the bath room power vent helps also

Yes your range hood is vented. Has been on every Dolphin and every toyota motorhome I have seen. Look outside on your camper wall opposite your vent. There is a thing mounted on the side of your camper there and that's the vent.

Linda S