Electrical Woes

sailfritz

brake warning dash light will not go off. Even after I depress the switch it wont go off. I noticed the blinker makes it pulsate. I just put in a brand new Napa coach battery. They said it was fully charged. Discharge light will not go off since installing. Does that mean the alternator is still charging up that battery? Will that dash light go off once the coach battery is full? Okay guys there u go what should I do, and gals, especially Linda.?

Brake warning light on......

1. low brake fluid.

2. parking brake on.

3. Alternator not charging correctly

4. to much brake pedal travel

Have fun.

This is the parking brake light. Have a new Toyota center alternator and battery. Why has the charge light not gone off? I will disconnect the coach battery and see if that makes a difference.

Charge and brake almost always means alternator is not charging properly. New alternators can be bad. Get it back to where you bought it and have them test it. Sorry but you waited too long and I am leaving town tomorrow. Will be back next Tuesday night and you can call me then if you want me to check anything else out. Cheap multimeter will tell you whats charging and whats not.

Harbor freight

6980 Chestnut St, Gilroy, CA 95020
(408) 847-1023

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-function-multimeter-98025.html

Linda S

brake warning dash light will not go off. Even after I depress the switch it wont go off. I noticed the blinker makes it pulsate. I just put in a brand new Napa coach battery. They said it was fully charged. Discharge light will not go off since installing. Does that mean the alternator is still charging up that battery? Will that dash light go off once the coach battery is full? Okay guys there u go what should I do, and gals, especially Linda.?

The charge light is set to turn "off" when voltage reaches 13.5. With the standard 60 amp alternator - even if you hooked it to a dead battery - it would reach 13.5 volts in less then a minute. I doubt your new NAPA battery has anything to do with the problem. Since you say the blinker makes your indicator light pulsate - it sounds like everything is running on battery voltage and not charge voltage.

Bought the RV with a dead coach battery.So why out of the blue suddenly the charge light stays on and the hand brake warning light stays on? I drove the RV from Stockton to San Jose probably 3 or 4 hours if the altinator wasnt charging wouldn't the battery go dead? I put it on a charge today, the engine battery, and it was charged almost full. Tried charging the coach battery Khmerwhat should I do?
How can a Toyota dealer alternator with 200 miles act up? I will try and find a friend with an ohm meter to see if its getting proper charge

the new Toyota alternator was bad. I think when I reconnected the new house battery I put it in backwards and that must have shut the current up to the alternator inside fuse. Is that possible? This thing was brand new from Toyota there's no way it could just be bad. Took it to Toyota yesterday it's under warranty but they couldn't look at it till next week. My camping trip starts today. Going to Big Basin in the Bay Area to see the redwoods. Tuesday Wedneday Wednesday in Yosemite.when edible remanufactured alternator at o'reillys party store. 69 dollars. Them was it didn't fit like 2 toyota alternator. The bottom bracket for the long bogus true could not get in there. Finally had to take a hacksaw and trim the alternator in order for to slip in.spent 3 hours fighting with this thing. Just to save $45 at the mechanics. Next time I let the mechanic do it. Started up the Toyota and all the dash lights went off so it looks like it's fixed now. I'm having the brand new Toyota alternator fixed so that I have a spare. Hopefully this is the end of the saga. Thank you for all your collective wisdom out there in Council.

now all I have left to fix is the oven which won't light the refrigerator which won't get cold in the end house heater which won't do anything!

Light at the end of a long tunnel, eh?