I bought an 84 Toyota Dolphin from a girl who had just purchased it herself. I hired an RV guy to check it out prior to purchase. I told him that I would be travelling in it right away with my kid and needed it to be safe and reliable. He said it was a nice little RV and if I didn't buy it he would.

I paid $3000 for her. He charged me $700 to look at it, make a few minor repairs, and deliver it to me 2 1/2 hours away. We turned around to take him home and planned to return to our home again the next day.

He didn't get here until after dark, and did say the tires were rotted, the backup battery was missing and oh yes, she had a bit of rust. This was well after I had purchased it from the girl.

We never made it home. The tires were flat the next morning and while we were trying to find new tires on short notice the e brake rusted through.

The guy who came to fix it told me that I got ripped off. That I needed to cut my loses and get out.

Someone had concealed the rust damage quite nicely.

My friends and family donated the money to make this happen. I didn't have the money to lose in the first place.

The engine runs, no issues there. Starts quickly, and is great on gas. The RV is in great shape too...

Some say we could replaced the cab, is this feasible?

Do I fix it or sell, and if I sell can I get my 3700 back?

What price would you recommend?

Thank you.

post-7690-0-71576700-1396111462_thumb.jp

post-7690-0-28010900-1396111490_thumb.jp

post-7690-0-55380200-1396111522_thumb.jp

post-7690-0-92231600-1396111545_thumb.jp

post-7690-0-11976100-1396111575_thumb.jp

post-7690-0-36062000-1396111685_thumb.jp

Too bad you didn't get a chance to look at the rig in the daylight....

The body rust on the doors and around the windshield is repairable, but might be costly if you can't do it yourself. As far as the frame goes, the photos show some moderate surface scale, but its hard to tell from the photos just how deep the rust goes. If you can't do the work yourself, you might think about selling it. Ask what you think you can get for it. There's a buyer out there for just about everything...

John

Replacing the cab on a Toyota pu is easy peasy, not so easy on a MH. You would have to remove the camper first, then its just a pu.

Dont know where your located but looks like average rust for an 84 in the NE. I would feel confident in taking it on a trip. Does it need inspection? You could see what shop says. Get some tires $600 and take trip. Just one trip and it will be worth it. Hope it works out. Not every Toy on the road is rust free. We got to use em before they rust away!

I agree it looks like a north east truck it really is not that bad nothing a body shop can't fix.It's rusted where they all rust. The frame looks like most would that are 30 years old it's mostly normal surface rust. From what I see it's safe just doesn't look too good.