Anyone got a reasonable source for the vacuum hoses on a 22R?

Mine seem ok but they are approaching 30 years old.

I went to NAPA, Autozone, and Oreilley in my area. None in stock. At two of the stores, the parts guy had no idea what I was talking about... but then they are younger than the parents of my grandchildren.

BTW I asked for a dwell tachometer... same two guys had no idea what I was talking about. The NAPA guy loaned me his from his "old truck" toolbox. Since then I found one at a garage sale.

I guess I'm turning into my father. :greedy:

'Read a news article today explaining that a bunch of Dodge Vipers are being destroyed because they are outdated and no longer relevant for training mechanics. They are cars that were donated to trade schools. They are mid-90's first generation models. Could it really have been that long ago???

Time flies by, and life is short.

This is a kit for the 22RE. http://www.lceperformance.com/Silicone-Vacuum-Hose-Kit-Black-p/1072442.htm

So you don't need everything it comes with. But what it will tell you is that the majority of the vacuum hose is 3mm. So I just bought something like 12ft of 3mm vacuum hose for my 20R. But like I said, I think I went through Summit Racing.

Even when NAPA had vacuum hose, it was slightly too big. It worked...but I was never really happy with it. I was very happy when I felt how snug the 3mm fits. Plus the silicone is a nice upgrade.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/hoses-miscellaneous/hose-size/3mm/hose-material/silicone

3/16 and some 1/4 in. should work. That's what I'm using.

Get a good quality hose. Some of the cheaper hose tends to dry out quickly. Like Montana suggested, a good silicone hose would be great.

As far as a "dwell/tach" unless you have a "points" type distributor you would not need the "dwell" function only the "tach".

Amazon has a good inexpensive dwell/tach. It's analog not digital, but works well. I have one myself, and always carry it with me.

another very good vacuum hose is that woven on the outside black german made stuff . would outlast any i ever bought made in u s . i am out of date never thought about silicone.oem on german rigs. those children probly dont know what a timing light is either.

another very good vacuum hose is that woven on the outside black german made stuff . would outlast any i ever bought made in u s . i am out of date never thought about silicone.oem on german rigs. those children probly dont know what a timing light is either.

Truth is... after I bought the dwell tach at a garage sale and used it (had to set the timing because I broke the reluctor on the distributor - don't ask) I went to put it in one of my workshop drawers. Lo and behold there was a timing light and dwell tach I forgot I owned. I hadn't used it since the 70s. Outa sight means outa mind. Maybe I ought to dig around... i probably have vacuum hose somewhere. ha!

Use some thing like this you'll never have to replace again http://www.amazon.com/High-Performance-Silicone-Vacuum-Hose/dp/B009PYDPRM A lot of the major parts stores have it also. Got to ask why you need a dwell meter for a pointless distributor?