Dreams (Or Nightmares)

Debbit

Just got home from a 12 day road trip. From NM to CA, around there a bit and back. It was great! Took my vw westy camper, but want to do it in the toy next time. For one person, the vw is grand, but marginal for two and with dogs, a no go. I really want to take off in a similar trip in the toyota.

Our dolphin came to us with some seam issues, some seams have been re-sealed, all is weatherproof for now, but I have visions of pieces flying off on the highway at the blazing speeds we travel. I think fiberglass is better.

As I drove along, I scrutinized all reasonable RVs. I prefer the dolphin we have to almost all of what I saw.

But I can't help but wish I'd first found a chinook or sunrader. They seem so cool!

I've never seen a Dolphin fly apart on the road or heard of that happening. What blazing speeds are we talking about. Just enjoy your camper now that you have fixed it up so nicely and maybe plan on upgrading someday. A Chinook would have far less room than your Westie but a Sunrader could be on your wish list. Check ads from time to time. Sometimes great buys are out there.

Linda S

Really? Less room? Westy is a van with cabinets and no middle seat and a poptop.

Yes, I will enjoy dolphin. blazing speed is a joke, of courses although I had a stiff tailwind both going west and heading back east and traveled much faster than usual. Both vehicles travel best at around 55-60.

I think I saw a video of panels flying off. When we go down the road, all is well. Well, a slightly floppy part behind the left rear wheel....