westfalia bandito

stamar

Nice. It looked beautiful...almost too nice for my purposes. I would have felt really guilty pulling it apart and sticking it on my truck.

Edited by Entropy

• 2 weeks later...

wow. after reading three pages of this thread, I was hoping to see an overdue apology at the end. Tsk.

By the time I read all the way through this thread, I was laughing so hard I could hardly sit on the chair. Stamar, you sure do not listen! You are one stubborn, thick-headed ___________ ! Attached are 2 pictures of the 1977 Bandit that I used to own. When I purchased it there were the shipping orders from Japan to the manufacturer Bonanza Motor Coach. The mechanism for raising and lowering the Bandit pop-top is somewhat different than the Westfalia as I remember checking them out at the time. The top was very easy to pop up on the Bandit. The 1977 Bandit had 2 windows...later models, like in the picture you posted, had only one window. BTW the little 1977 Bandit is still on the road and the new owner made a 6000 mile trip last year. Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of the lift mechanism, but if you want more pictures of the Bandit, please send me a pm and I will send you a whole set. Sue

post-4493-0-71466700-1384757251_thumb.jp

post-4493-0-08567200-1384757303_thumb.jp

Like wow I need to get a set of those decals and but them on my 26 ft Class A and see if we can keep this food fight going.

I were going camping with a group of Westies, or better yet, Sprinter Vans or Mercedes, I would put a Westy or Mercedes decal on the front...... fit right in.....and be one of the group. Sue

You can buy aftermarket MBZ grills for the Sprinter van

my annoyance with derrick does not stem from this one subject, but a long list of subjects where he argues like a teenager about things he really knows totally nothing about.

those are his childish quotes of me from like months ago maybe well a year.

in this case i bet it was a sticker. It was a peculiar vehicle in a place where there are lots of transplants so it could be something marketed in europe but it probably wasnt.

if it were someone else i would bother to apologize for being mistaken, he has no such manners

im honestly doubtful that derrick even has a toyhome maybe thats a side note.