Dometic Fridge stopped working but no ammonia?!?

Hello Toy Home friends, I have had my 1992 Toyota Winnebago Itasca for 4 years now and suddenly my Dometic fridge stopped working. I tried propane and electric, the back coils would get hot all the way up to the last top coil and then no heat above that. I tried banging the coils, left it on for 48 hours, opened everything I could to see if any wires were loose but all looks well. Is the fridge repairable or do I just buy a new one? Any recommendations in San Diego? Thank you all. I will search threads also.

ps It is a Dometic model RM 2410 22" wide and 36" tall single door, freezer in fridge compartment.

RM2410 32 7/16 21 13/16 24deep

Ken

Edited by Kensandiego

So after some research, a whole unit delivered is around $860, new cooling unit on ebay is $500, I can remove it and turn it upside down and hope that fixes is or it may be a temporary fix. Called Dometic dealers here in San Diego waiting for quotes....

Yeah with a newer fridge like yours it's probably worth replacing the cooling unit. I finally got around to testing my 35 year-old Dometic. Not working. Like yours, I get heat in the back but no cooling in the fridge/freezer.

From what I hear, the old fridges like mine had very little insulation.

So... A few hundred to replace the cooling unit on a 35 year-old fridge, or $500 to just get a whole new fridge which is hopefully well insulated...

I just pulled my old one on Saturday and ordered a new fridge yesterday.

Looks like a $1,000 installed for a whole new unit, I was going to replace the cooling unit but they only sell refurbished. I would prefer no problems down the road.

My refrigerator got a rebuilt cooling unit 10 years ago. It still works perfectly. I bought another one on ebay for one of my other motorhomes not too long ago. I didn't install it but my son-in-law said it was simple and easy to do. Works fine now. Sometimes rebuilt is better than new. Last one I bought only cost 385. Both of them were the same model fridge as yours

Linda S