1986 4X4 Sunrader

sdboltdude

was looking at some used rv parts in San Diego

the guy says he is selling every thing for donations found..

a lot of junk some stuff in ok condition...

In his yard there's a 1986 4x4 Sunrader inside looks orig.. cab needs a paint job..

all together a lot tlc rv will be in good to decent shape....

The guy also claims its #1 off of production line

and theirs only 3 left (including the one in S.F,CA)

the guy thinks he is going to get $25000 just because its #1 off production line...

not even close to the one in S.F. who cant sell for $25000 and has more upgrades...

sorry no pics......

Well number 1 off the production line would have to be a 1984. Or does he just mean the first one made in 1986. Does he think there are only 3 4x4 Sunraders anywhere. Of course also not true. At least a couple of dozen tooling around and maybe more.

Linda S

He also said its a turbo..... to me he is just living a pipe dream....yes he thinks its very rare...I tried to tell him he will never get $25000. He just did not want to believe me..keeps telling me its very rare..

is their anything special about 86's???

Well number 1 off the production line would have to be a 1984. Or does he just mean the first one made in 1986. Does he think there are only 3 4x4 Sunraders anywhere. Of course also not true. At least a couple of dozen tooling around and maybe more.

Linda

Turbo is easy to tell by opening the hood.

Nothing special about 86 except they went to IFS, which depending on who you are, might be a positive OR negative.

Nothing else special about that year.

#1 off the production line, if true, is nothing but a curiosity or slight bragging right (that will only annoy the people to whom you are bragging), and shouldn't affect price.

He's crazy.

But all he needs to do is find someone rich and slightly crazier than him...and who knows..?

• 9 months later...

E = Einspritz (or electronic fuel injection) so if a 22R has an "E" it's injected! I also believe 84 was first production.

Every one keeps implying that 1986 was the year toyota went to injectors. My sunrader with the 22 R E has a mfg production date of 1 jan 1985. It is a registered 1985 toyota. So lets dispell that rumor once and for all.

Toyota built trucks with fuel injection (port injection) in 1984 and they were sold as model-year 1985. As I understand it - 1985 model-year is the only Toyota truck with electronic port fuel injection and a solid front axle for the 4WD version.

Toyota built trucks with fuel injection (port injection) in 1984 and they were sold as model-year 1985. As I understand it - 1985 model-year is the only Toyota truck with electronic port fuel injection and a solid front axle for the 4WD version.

Toyota brochure from 1984 shows the 2wd SR5 model as standard with electronic fuel injection. 85 was the first year it was available on the 4x4 though.

Linda S