Lights and outlets not working all down the passenger side

smagnus3

In my 1986 Dolphin I have an issue with all the lights, outlets, and stove hood not having any power. Im not sure why they wont work but something tells me it is all 1 issue. If you have any ideas please let me know!

Thanks,

Stephen

Your lights and range hood operate off of 12 volts, the outlets are 110 volts and run off shore power or a genny, if you have one.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

what they have in common(120vac) 12vdc,is that they originate in the panel converter box.first check you have line voltage coming into that

Breaker first battery second. The lights can run off of the converter but the converter needs to have power to work. They are two completely different circuits if you are not plugged in you'll have no outlets but should have lights provided 1 you have a battery and 2 it is charged. Every thing but the outlets and the A/C are powered by your battery water pump, range hood fan, lights etc. If the outlets don't work neither will the converter/charger so plugged in and a dead battery no lights.

If you have the old style converter it has a relay that switches between shore and battery power. So if you have no power anywhere with shore or battery pwr you might take a look at that relay. Unfortunately its inside the converter so you will have to open it up to access the relay. You should invest in a multi tester (cheap from Radio Shack or eBay) it will save you hours of guess work.

On some Dolphins there is a ground fault type outlet in the bathroom. The other outlets on the passenger side are wired in series with this outlet.

If the ground-fault trips, it will kill the outlets that are wired into it, I believe the frig and the outlet above the frig.

There is a small button on the outlet to reset the ground fault. check to see if it needs to be reset.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto