Sunrader in AZ for sale $11,500

sdboltdude

was wondering the same thing

how can this still be up for sale?

I have seen a lot of that on craigslist. They just let it run until it expires even though it is sold. This guy does not want to get emails which is an indication that someone else posted the ad for him. Probably one of his kids or a friend. The owner might not even have a computer, many older people don't.

I have seen a lot of that on craigslist. They just let it run until it expires even though it is sold. This guy does not want to get emails which is an indication that someone else posted the ad for him.

That was how it was with my rig, they did not respond to emails and never did take down the ad. Their son posted it for them but he was not involved in it after that. So even though it was sold the ad was still up there for many days after I drove it away.

good point your probable right karin

I must be missing something here. The seller is asking top dollar and is not exactly a "bargain" price. Yes . . I understand some people are willing to blow that much money but the reasons why escape me. Plenty turn up is similar condition in the $6000-$7000 price ranges and more that need work down in the $2000-$3000 ranges.

Nice looking rig, yes. 5 speed is also nice, but come on. You can swap in a 5 speed (in place of a 4) for $400.

The ad does say "OBO", so I wonder how much less the seller was willing to take (or already took).

That all being said, a nice looking 88 Minicruiser in my area (central NY) sold recently for $9000 which is pretty much unheard of around here. But the seller took the time to advertise it on Ebay. Who knows? Mabye somebody on the west coast bought it.

For anyone that truly thinks it's a rare bargain - why not buy it and resell it quickly? If I did that for my area -I'd be lucky to get $6000-$7000 for it under normal circumstances.

wow $9,000 for a mini cruiser that's top dollar..

what do you think JD what you can get for yours? Ive always said $6000 to 6500 for mine would be top dollar for my

1987 mini cruiser..thats my knock on door $$$$...and understand I will not get that price..

we all have a $ we think our toyhomes are worth

1 from the heart & 1 from deep inside our brain do the math and divide the heart$ into the brain$ and cut your price in 1/2...

I must be missing something here. The seller is asking top dollar and is not exactly a "bargain" price. Yes . . I understand some people are willing to blow that much money but the why escape me. Plenty turn up is similar condition in the $6000-$7000 price ranges and more that need work down in the $2000-$3000 ranges.

Nice looking rig, yes. 5 speed is also nice, but come on. You can swap in a 5 speed (in place of a 4) for $400.

The ad does say "OBO", so I wonder how much less the seller was willing to take (or already took).

That all being said, a nice looking 88 Minicruiser in my area (central NY) sold recently for $9000 which is pretty much unheard of around here. But the seller took the time to advertise it on Ebay. Who knows? Mabye somebody on the west coast bought it.

For anyone that truly thinks it's a rare bargain - why not buy it and resell it quickly? If I did that for my area -I'd be lucky to get $6000-$7000 for it under normal circumstances.

I wish I was closer. I'd buy them in a flash. Hey - even includes a 5 speed.

Funny thing about those 70s Toyotas and windshields (crack mentioned). I found out recently how hard it is to find a replacement windshield for a 1978 Toyota truck. New ones are no longer made and seems not stocked anywhere. Used windshieds tend to have faded plastic in them that makes them not-so-good and illegal in some places. I got searching for a good windshield for one of my 78s and went though half-a-dozen used ones before I found something I could use. Eve that one has bad spots with almost opaque faded plastic in the middle of the glass plies.

the Yahoo who owned my rig tried to fix leaky window by caulking the metal window frame...

that's one of my next project is finding new metal window frame and reinstall

hopefully a ez junk yard fix & install....lots of Toyota junk yards in san diego....

I wish I was closer. I'd buy them in a flash. Hey - even includes a 5 speed.

Funny thing about those 70s Toyotas and windshields (crack mentioned). I found out recently how hard it is to find a replacement windshield for a 1978 Toyota truck. New ones are no longer made and seems not stocked anywhere. Used windshieds tend to have faded plastic in them that makes them not-so-good and illegal in some places. I got searching for a good windshield for one of my 78s and went though half-a-dozen used ones before I found something I could use. Eve that one has bad spots with almost opaque faded plastic in the middle of the glass plies.

wow $9,000 for a mini cruiser that's top dollar..

what do you think JD what you can get for yours? Ive always said $6000 to 6500 for mine would be top dollar for my

1987 mini cruiser..thats my knock on door $$$$...and understand I will not get that price..

we all have a $ we think our toyhomes are worth

1 from the heart & 1 from deep inside our brain do the math and divide the heart$ into the brain$ and cut your price in 1/2...

I have no way of knowing if that 1988 Minicruiser actually sold on Ebay. It is listed as SOLD for $8900. I know that many vehicles listed as SOLD never really did sell. And of course, some did. It was near me and advertised as having only 23K miles on it. There was a Sunrader near me around the same time for $3000 that looked pretty good - so hard to figure.

If I was to sell my Minicruiser after investing $1800 in the purchase and then going completely though it ? That means checking every moving part, fixing any RV part so it works, fixing any sign of rot, etc.. Depends how much I needed the money but I'd be hoping to get $4000-$5000.

I've got a 1986 4WD turbo-diesel small RV based on a Chevy K5 Blazer. 100% gone through mechanically. New tires, new Firestone Ride-Ride air suspension, newly rebuilt and upgraded auto transmisson with custom built lock-up torque converter. Pop up roof, 4WD, HD trailer hitch, propane heat, three beds, etc. I was offered $6000 last year and did not sell it. Last month I put it on Ebay and the highest offer I got was $1800. So, who knows? We have a poor ecomony that is supported by printing billions of fake dollars every month along with over 16% unemployment (in real numbers). So I'm not sure if that makes people less inclined to buy Toyota RVs or maybe MORE inclined?

post-6578-0-11955000-1379251589_thumb.jp

paid $2000 for rv spent $1000 on leak repairs(cab was sagging over 2inch 1 wall in bathroom) $300 on new water heater
rv is very sound now..
60,000 on engine you could eat on
everything in good working order..stove never used..frig works great on all 3 settings..heater blows hot..
cab a/c just filled r12 works great coach a/c blows ice cold....
I would still be at the $5000 mark because I LOVE DAGABAH..I'm to attached to rv big time
plus Dagabah would probable go :angry03: CHRSTINE :angry03: on me and take me out if I sold her

I have no way of knowing if that 1988 Minicruiser actually sold on Ebay. It is listed as SOLD for $8900. I know that many vehicles listed as SOLD never really did sell. And of course, some did. It was near me and advertised as having only 23K miles on it. There was a Sunrader near me around the same time for $3000 that looked pretty good - so hard to figure.

If I was to sell my Minicruiser after investing $1800 in the purchase and then going completely though it ? That means checking every moving part, fixing any RV part so it works, fixing any sign of rot, etc.. Depends how much I needed the money but I'd be hoping to get $4000-$5000.

I've got a 1986 4WD turbo-diesel small RV based on a Chevy K5 Blazer. 100% gone through mechanically. New tires, new Firestone Ride-Ride air suspension, newly rebuilt and upgraded auto transmisson with custom built lock-up torque converter. Pop up roof, 4WD, HD trailer hitch, propane heat, three beds, etc. I was offered $6000 last year and did not sell it. Last month I put it on Ebay and the highest offer I got was $1800. So, who knows? We have a poor ecomony that is supported by printing billions of fake dollars every month along with over 16% unemployment (in real numbers). So I'm not sure if that makes people less inclined to buy Toyota RVs or maybe MORE inclined?