Plastic edge trim for plywood edges

MontanaChinook

The cupboard openings, and any bare single edge (ie not a corner where two edges meet) on my Chinook had a small, black plastic trim, a U shape trim that slipped over the edge. Something like these, I think http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/546799516/plastic_edge_trim.html?s=p

Anybody bought anything like this for their RV?

Every place I find online has measurements that I don't feel confidence going off of, and most want me to by well over $100 worth, or none at all. I found some stuff that MIGHT work on Amazon...but still unsure.

Just seeing if maybe someone else has already been through this.

I just want something that'll cover the bare edge of 1/4" plywood, and is hopefully no more that 1/4 to 1/2" deep, so it isn't a huge wide thing covering a ton of area.

I might have an old cupboard laying around in the garage with some of the old stuff left if anyone needs an image...

Yes, thank you! We'll see. I had found trim loks site, but they only sell in bulk.

That might work.

That's why I posted the Grainger site. They are a trim lok dealer so you don't have to buy 500ft. That I believe is the correct width and the shallowest depth available.

Linda S

Yep, and comes in 25' lengths, which should be about perfect.

I might have been wrong on the width though. Is the panel edge your covering 1/8 inch or 1/16. If you look around on the grainger site they do have a 1/16 width too. I know my paneling is pretty thin but don't know how thin

Linda S

Well that's been part of my "problem" with ordering online based on measurements. My plywood is 1/4", but I really don't think that if I measured it, it would actually be that thick. Probably closer to 1/8". Kinda like the actual dimensions of a 2x4...

Well that's been part of my "problem" with ordering online based on measurements. My plywood is 1/4", but I really don't think that if I measured it, it would actually be that thick. Probably closer to 1/8". Kinda like the actual dimensions of a 2x4...

lots of thicknesses. look on left and maybe click on view more. Oh and measure first

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/vinyl-edge-trim/vinyl/raw-materials/ecatalog/N-i00?Ndr=basedimid10071&dojo.preventCache=1376612514361&sst=subset

LS

plywood thicness is always nominal,it never measures out to the actual size it varies,manufactures are different.if you find a moulding that will slide over the edge and fits well,but is to wide ,try ripping it to your width with a paneling blade on table saw dont try to cut the moulding by itself...slip it over a scrap of plywood for support and cut both at same time...

about 3 years ago i needed a short piece of this trim i think it was for a door ,but anyways i found some at a large home improvement store back by the paneling it was brown and came in 8 ft lengths was pretty reasonable so its still out there....

Yeah, I'll just order what's in the link from Grainger. I went to Home Depot and they didn't have anything. I could check my local, smaller hardware store & see what they have, too, but my guess is that I'll be ordering online. Have to wait until my next paycheck anyways, so there's time!

Thanks.

Ok.

I know with some companies they ship it from the closest store who has it available, but grainger may not be that way. Either way, with all the ordering I've been doing since I started this project, two days shipping is very fast. Sometimes it's two days or more before it even actually leaves the warehouse...

Granger and McMaster-Carr must have cut a special deals with Fed-x and UPS. Even here in the Middle of WY we were getting 1 and 2 day service for regular rates.

The word was normal orders were piggy backed on the overnite mine orders, I guess the mines order stuff by the truckload often.