Cool house combination house battery and spare tire rack for under the motorhome...

Stevo

I saw this cool battery and spare tire rack that goes underneath a Toyota motorhome. I saw the photos here: http://www.vanspecialties.com/gallery/yota-4x4.html

Has anyone seen anything like this that can be bought off-the-shelf or ideas for how to get one made for a cheaply as possible?

Thanks!

post-3879-0-49722900-1376339590_thumb.jp

post-3879-0-46139700-1376339607_thumb.jp

post-3879-0-49701700-1376339622_thumb.jp

No I have never seen anything like that. It looks pretty nice. Wonder how that tire drops down. Also wonder what they did with his grey tank. it should be where the tire is and the battery bank is where the tire used to be. I recently replaced a Coach battery that was mounted underneath the frame and what a pain. Literally. I still have a mark on my chest where the dang thing landed on me when I got all the bolts off. Should have had one of those wide shop lifters to lower it. Also absolutely have to only use AGM sealed batteries. No way to maintain a water based battery under there. Considering the money this guy spent on redoing this rig I'm sure it was custom made. Send them a message and ask if they are going to be selling them. if they think there is a market they might decide to make a few. Or maybe they buy them and they will tell you who makes them.

Linda S

No I have never seen anything like that. It looks pretty nice. Wonder how that tire drops down. Also wonder what they did with his grey tank. it should be where the tire is and the battery bank is where the tire used to be. I recently replaced a Coach battery that was mounted underneath the frame and what a pain. Literally. I still have a mark on my chest where the dang thing landed on me when I got all the bolts off. Should have had one of those wide shop lifters to lower it. Also absolutely have to only use AGM sealed batteries. No way to maintain a water based battery under there. Considering the money this guy spent on redoing this rig I'm sure it was custom made. Send them a message and ask if they are going to be selling them. if they think there is a market they might decide to make a few. Or maybe they buy them and they will tell you who makes them.

Linda S

Just give some measurements to a local sheet metal shop and they can fabricate one. Does not appear to be anything exotic about the battery mount.

would be a good idea to use some solid steel on the outside of it unless you never go off the pavement the first rock or stick and good by battery and could get battery acid all over . i saw an old 1960s moter home in a junk yard had two propane tanks mounted under the back end very rusted and rock gravel blasted one big dent banging into somthing bad place to mount propane tanks

The grey tank in my 18'er is in the back passenger side so there should be lots of room for something like this on mine. I'm going to call the place that did this tomorrow.

Linda S

You are right about protecting them. Are batteries affected adversely by heat? Maybe some small mesh steel on the sides instead of solid, eh?

would be a good idea to use some solid steel on the outside of it unless you never go off the pavement the first rock or stick and good by battery and could get battery acid all over . i saw an old 1960s moter home in a junk yard had two propane tanks mounted under the back end very rusted and rock gravel blasted one big dent banging into somthing bad place to mount propane tanks