shower faucet leaking

little by little addressing the issues on our 87 Seabreeze we bought 6 mo ago. Now we notice that when you try to take a shower, the water leaks out of the faucet assembly where it connects to the shower tube. Our local MH repair place (generally very competent and reasonable) says we have to cut a hole in the wall between the shower and the stove in order to access and replace the fitting. Any comments or suggestions? I guess I could just tape the piece back after repair is made.

double check to see if their already is a hole/sub panel my rv already had a factory cut out to replace shower fixture ...

if not cut square hole 5 or 6 inches from top & bottom of center faucet (enough room to work) you could prob do with a good sharp razor knife

faucet are cheap on ebay/amazon

If it's the assembly itself that is leaking I don't believe a hole needs to be cut. Post a picture of the faucet and the area where you would have to get behind it. Pretty sure the shower and faucet assmebly dismantles from the front. I will take a look at mine later today and see for sure.

Linda

Well if it's just a washer you might be able to replace it with the faucet in place but if it needs replacement looks like you do need to cut a hole behind it to access. Mine is accessable from the closet. here are some instructions

http://www.rvtravel.com/blog/rvnow/2008/05/free-yourself-from-dribbling-rv-shower.html

Heres how I did mine. I had to replace my entire fixture, as the port that the anti-siphon valve screws into was cracked and thats where the leak was. Look carefully, as a faulty anti siphon valve will leak water all over the place. It screws into the faucet, and the shower hose screws into it.

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3837

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

• 1 month later...

RV shop cut hole in wall above stove and replaced shower faucet. going to the mountains this weekend...Oh for a hot shower! They did a nice job of replacing the cut out part.