looking at my tires today notice that one tire was starting to crack...post-6388-0-95764000-1375669613_thumb.jp

the rest of the tires are still in good shape no cracks but will watch out

their 7 years old tread is great(still need to watch for cracks :headbonk: )

Im going to use the spare tire(new and covered) and replace spare tire..

plan on replacing all tires in the next year and halfpost-6388-0-14788900-1375670011_thumb.jp

going to look into tire covers thinking of making my own..

the rear tires are

185 R14 C

they look the rite size

1987 mini cruiser 21ft do you know if tires are right size or how can I find out

ty steve

If that's the size marked it's the right tire. max pressure 65lbs? I still would be worried about any tire that cracked that soon. I helped a member not to long ago whose tires were some unknown brand when he had a major blow out. Totally shredded and they were only 6 years old.

Linda S

If it is weather checked, replace it asap. If one of your tires blows out at highway speed, you can cause a very expensive repair job. I have seen RV's with the entire wheel well torn apart by a blow out. If it happens to be one of your front tires that blows, you can easily loose control and end up killing someone, either yourself or another driver (or motorcyclist.)

I someone's life worth the $700 that 7 new tires would cost. I know that if you are on a fixed income that is a large amount of cash.

If it is weather checked, replace it asap. If one of your tires blows out at highway speed, you can cause a very expensive repair job. I have seen RV's with the entire wheel well torn apart by a blow out. If it happens to be one of your front tires that blows, you can easily loose control and end up killing someone, either yourself or another driver (or motorcyclist.)

I someone's life worth the $700 that 7 new tires would cost. I know that if you are on a fixed income that is a large amount of cash.

I will replace the cracked tire Thursday.. left outside dually ..

I was going to use my spare but figured for the $ I will put a good brand name tire on it and replace all tires February

and no I don't want to put me or anybody in danger...

all the other tires look good no cracks at all...

left duallypost-6388-0-39307900-1375752797_thumb.jp

right duallypost-6388-0-63400600-1375752861_thumb.jp

right frontpost-6388-0-65520100-1375752887_thumb.jp

left front

post-6388-0-94933900-1375753491_thumb.jp

NO... That tire has a load capacity of 1300lb (86) the correct tire has a load capacity of 1680lb (102).

If your old school this is a 2ply vs 8ply.

NO... That tire has a load capacity of 1300lb (86) the correct tire has a load capacity of 1680lb (102).

If your old school this is a 2ply vs 8ply.

thanks want to make sure I'm getting right tire

You want a "D" rated tire. Usually Max tire pressure is marked 65psi. Also the tire should be prefixed with LT for light truck, vans, and micro mini motor homes. I prefer Yokohoma tires for the Toyota.

Allen

You want a "D" rated tire. Usually Max tire pressure is marked 65psi. Also the tire should be prefixed with LT for light truck, vans, and micro mini motor homes. I prefer Yokohoma tires for the Toyota. Allen

thanks have a friend who works at firestone looking into tire today...

switched out spare tire for cracked tire $6 good deal

I went to 2 different shops today and both said that tire was from hitting the curb :innocent: could of been from hitting a rock while camping :innocent:

not from the sun and I "could drive on it"..

they checked out all tires and said their where no other problems & are safe to drive no other cracks good tread..(besides age 7 years)

one local mom pop shop priced out tire complete install

Yokohama y356-d $785 $108 a tire $60 balance

Hankook ra08-d $720 $99 a tire $60 balance

His Brand 185r14-d-8p $645 $87 tire $60 balance (says this is the one he puts on all the 1ton dually flat beds for produce trucks.....

prob. going to go with Hankooks... in February

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I just put fresh rubber all the way around. Went to Merchants and the only thing they had in a 185R14C was the "Thunderer" made by a company called Ranger in Thailand. Did a little research and found some positive stuff so I said WTH, put 'em on. I've put a couple hundred miles on them now and I must say they are well worth the money. No road noise, they track well, and seem to run smoother than the Goodyear LTs I had before. Merchants did all six for about $520, everything included. Soon as I find one of those spare tire extension things, I'm gonna go back and get the spare done too.

BTW, I would not risk driving very far with cracked or dry rotted tires. That's a blowout just waiting to happen. Been there done that a couple times.

BTW, I would not risk driving very far with cracked or dry rotted tires. That's a blowout just waiting to happen. Been there done that a couple times.

already replaced cracked tire I don't want a blowout....

all tires look great just at 7 years old...

no more cracks...good to great tread..will replace in February just because of age...

People are selling those spare tire removal kits on Ebay.

Hmm gonna have to look even though I swore of eBay a while back. Dealer here told me that there were only two in the parts system, both in California. They wanted $253 for the kit and I said I would look around first. That's waaaay to much for a jack, handle, and whatever else there is.

But sometimes Ebay is just about all there is for finding the old stuff you need. We have a very active craigslist in Seattle but I don't find a lot of stuff on it that I want or need other than finding my rig on it.

Oh it's not that I have a problem with EBay as such, it's just that I can waste an incredible amount of time browsing ont the site. I can go search for the kit and four hours later be looking at rare baseball cards, or something. :P

Funny thing is, I never buy much either. But I sure love to look.