Craigslist Lemon

I drove to Chicago today to look at a Sunrader and it was not what I expected. There was mold on the ceiling and some of the cabinets were trashed. It also had 6000 more miles then the seller listed as! He said he hasnt tested the furnace or the stove when I told him to have propane ready to test. He was asking 5500 dollars when it should be priced at 1500 dollars. I didnt even get to test drive it! I feel bummed but I am not giving up. Has anyone ever flew to a location to get their RV? How did you do the money transfer or down payment so others wont grab it up?

I also have a question about power steering. Which year models had power steering?

my dolphon with 1986 chassis has power stearing.have you looked at the for sale listing on here. did that junk even run

the listing on here shows a sunrader in new york. for 7.500 if you cant test i would not buy it most likly all junk

The engine started up but there was no way to test drive it. There was a good amount of rust underneath and the tires were almost bald.

The one listed in chicago is an 83. Did it even have the right axle? I'm betting not if it was in such bad condition. yes there are a lot of messed up ones out there. Not much different than looking at cars 20 plus years old. Took me 2 years to find my Sunrader and there was still a ton wrong with it. Back then I didnt even know what I was checking for. Keep reading the site and learn as much as you can. that is your best insurance against owning a lemon

Linda S