Battery for 1988 Toyota Dolphin? Group 24?

kathg1

Someone took out the original sized battery from my Dolphin and replaced it with one that barely fits the side compartment and now it is dead. So I am wondering what group battery fits into the compartment? Someone told me it is Group 24? I didn't realize that batteries had difference amperage beside their size dimensions! Thanks for your help!

if you mean the r v camper battery i have a 1987 DOLPHIN i have the big group 27 barly fits yes but puts out a little more draw capiscity the next size down is the group 24. case size i think the only real difference is the length as i recall the hight and with is about the same.batterys not only have different amperage outputs by size of case the cheaper you go most often the less output power .you take a group 24 starting battery in the low price range not so much warrenty less plates means less power will be same size as the heavy duty but not near as good.

are you saying the battery will not recharge when you remove it most often it will have size and output marked BE SHURE YOU GET ONLY A DEEP CYCLE R V BATTERY FOR THE CAMPER do not use a starting battery. it is not made for deep cyce use.PERSONALY I LIKE THE BIGGER SIZE BETTER I BOONDOCK A LOT my first r v only took the smaller one the size 24 the 27 gives a little more agreed it is a tight fit. UNDER the hood i run the HEAVEST DUTY GROUP 24 starting battery i can get.

I have a 24 in mine, but a 27 would be a little better, the 27 is about 2 inches longer, about same height and width.

As 5Toyota says, make sure you get a "Marine" or "deep cycle" for the coach battery.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Mine is a group 24. The 27 is just more weight than I want to pick up and on mine there is no axcess to check the water unless you bring it out. If you can get to it and move it OK a 27 have charge for longer. Just go and pick them up to decide

Linda S

Thanks everyone for your input and advice. I thought that "a battery is a battery" -- wrong. I will start my battery search later this week. Cheers, Kathleen

Thanks everyone for your input and advice. I thought that "a battery is a battery" -- wrong. I will start my battery search later this week. Cheers, Kathleen

It must be a deep cycle. I buy mine at Walmart.

Linda S

different camper (93 winnie warrior). Mine will hold a maxx 29 (walmart name). When I had an issue while at Acadia Nat'l Park went to near by walmart - all they had was their 27 which is smaller.

Was disappointed at the time but after the fact & was happy - the smaller battery is easier to handle like when I check the battery fluid.

I will also repeat that you want a deep cycle battery - not a starting battery.

Walmart is not the favorite of a lot of people but they are everywhere so that is why I went with their battery. From what I have read they have good batteries - most of the time. OVer the years they have changed their vendors - occasionally sometimes not for the better. I think they changed their warranty too - now a flat one year.