No battery power in 81 Dolphin Cabin without shore power.

Toy4CYL

Have no battery power in coach with Converter Battery Switch in Battery.

Have power to switch on bottom terminal all the time (18V).

With switch in Converter position have power(18V) to the two bottom terminals.

No power at top terminal.

With Switch in Battery position have Power at bottom terminal (14v) and no volts on two top terminal

Top terminal never is powered and is a black wire that goes into wall behind kitchen sink. I'm thinking that's the problem, but have no schematic to trace the wire.

I was also thinking the middle terminal should be the power feed instead of the bottom terminal, but again have no info to verify.

Does someone have schematic or info on this ?

Hi,

Checked switch and is good. Looks like Black wire is battery feed to converter/battery switch. I have a two position switch with three terminals in back. Need to know where that black wire goes in order to not break into the walls. Other option is running new wire from battery to converter switch.

Does anyone have a schematic out there ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So you are saying the battery lead (one on the left) has no power? It should go directly to the battery there maybe a fuse or a auto reset breaker involved between the switch wire and the battery.

Have no battery power in coach with Converter Battery Switch in Battery.

Have power to switch on bottom terminal all the time (18V).

With switch in Converter position have power(18V) to the two bottom terminals.

No power at top terminal.

With Switch in Battery position have Power at bottom terminal (14v) and no volts on two top terminal

Top terminal never is powered and is a black wire that goes into wall behind kitchen sink. I'm thinking that's the problem, but have no schematic to trace the wire.

I was also thinking the middle terminal should be the power feed instead of the bottom terminal, but again have no info to verify.

Does someone have schematic or info on this ?

The way the switch is wired the load (coach wiring) is in the center the battery feed is to the left and the converter feed is to the right. The left lead should have battery power (coach battery) the right should have power plugged in. The key is the left lead a diagram will only let you know how is wired not where the wires go most likely there is a breaker or a fuse between the battery and the left lead look for a small match book size metal box with two terminals on it..