OOO...scrapppe....Bottoms down!

Tressa

I swear we drive the lowest rigs known to man. Any dip in the road and the bumper drags and scrappppes the pavement.

Anybody in hearing distance turns their head to see what in the world all the commotion is about. It's just me in my little RV. I rolled down the window in the parking lot of the local grocery store and said to the people standing by: "I'm suprised the bumper is still intact."

But what the heck...we love our little low rider rigs :love: ! They are the best.

Does any one else out there have the same sound effects?

Almost all toyhouses were made with airbags on the rear axle to adjust for weight. Check to see if the are there, working, and not leaking. The previous owner of my rig removed the airbags and put in rubber bumpers but they were not a good choice. It sat low and rode rough. I went to a fabrication shop for trucks and had them add one leaf to the rear spring package. It raised things 1 1/2 to two inches at the wheel well and at least three inches at the rear bumper. Nice. But it did affect the rear brakes. I still need to tie up the lever for the brake proportioning valve.

I would say many 21 footers are like this. I have caster wheels on mine and yes I drag on low areas like parking lot ramps and such. One of these days I will address it like Bob states above.

For now I enjoy watching the heads turn when I hit bottom. The family enjoys it now too! When I scrape I've made a habit of yelling "Elvis has left the building!"

I would say many 21 footers are like this. I have caster wheels on mine and yes I drag on low areas like parking lot ramps and such. One of these days I will address it like Bob states above.

For now I enjoy watching the heads turn when I hit bottom. The family enjoys it now too! When I scrape I've made a habit of yelling "Elvis has left the building!"

I have casters on my mini cruiser no air bags ever installed....

suspension is ok shocks are good but will bottom out on step driveways if not carful...

my old casters where shot and flat....once I put on new casters no more grinding sound just a nice ping and rolling sound...

old casters did not swivel/360 degrees so anytime you bottom out going around corners you where just dragging casters.

now casters roll and turn makes a big difference with new ones.post-6388-0-77255800-1366987562_thumb.jppost-6388-0-22886100-1366987643_thumb.jppost-6388-0-27332500-1366988010_thumb.jp

adding casters may be a quick and cheap fix.... http://thecasterguy.com/on-sale-items-hi-tech-poly-green-round-c-1_819_822/sale-hi-tech-polyurethane-medium-duty-6-x-2-swivel-caster-p-5991

I swear we drive the lowest rigs known to man. Any dip in the road and the bumper drags and scrappppes the pavement.

Anybody in hearing distance turns their head to see what in the world all the commotion is about. It's just me in my little RV. I rolled down the window in the parking lot of the local grocery store and said to the people standing by: "I'm suprised the bumper is still intact."

But what the heck...we love our little low rider rigs :love: ! They are the best.

Does any one else out there have the same sound effects?

can you take a pic of rear of rv.... & pic of suspension to see a.how low you are b.if you have air bags

The sound effects only occur occasionally when coming out of a steep driveway. I do need to replace the air bag hoses though.. My toyota is 27 year old. I'm Just waiting for the bank roll to get a little bigger and then I will fix it! The castor wheel idea is funny. Do they really work? You can say that you are driving a "jerry rig" :sarcasm: !

I like the saying "Elvis has left the building"... Or you can wave like a girl in a parade... "Hi...It's me." It's better than cringing and saying words that are not good for the hearing ears!

The sound effects only occur occasionally when coming out of a steep driveway. I do need to replace the air bag hoses though.. My toyota is 27 year old. I'm Just waiting for the bank roll to get a little bigger and then I will fix it! The castor wheel idea is funny. Do they really work? You can say that you are driving a "jerry rig" :sarcasm: !

If your air bag hoses are leaking and there is no air in the air bags they might already be too damaged. Bouncing on deflated rubber bags pretty much shreds them. You do realize all of our rigs are that old or close. My 86 has the original air bags and they don't leak a bit. You can buy helper springs that just bolt on that will give you a little more lift to your springs

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hel-1250/overview/make/toyota/model/pickup

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hel-1515/overview/make/toyota/model/pickup

Linda S

yes they work....they are stock on my model....

they will stop you from bottoming out on frame/black grey tanks what ever is down low...

My 17' 1978 Chinook does this, too. But it's a combination of 35 year-old suspension (soon to be fixed) and the extension coming out from the back of the frame, which the spare tire sits on. That makes it a pretty long vehicle, so approach and departure angles aren't something it handles very well. It's that back bumper which drags when I go through a big dip, or go up or down a steep angle.

On the other hand, on rocky Forest Service roads where there aren't steep hills, I was actually impressed at the clearance I had. If only because I had heard so much about how little clearance these things have...

yes they work....they are stock on my model....

they will stop you from bottoming out on frame/black grey tanks what ever is down low...

Sd is spot on! Yes they work and work well. They saved my tanks for sure! I have steel casters on mine. Yes my rig still make a big noise.

Elvis...My favorite! His "Rubbernecking" song goes well with the scraping!

I like the saying "Elvis has left the building"... Or you can wave like a girl in a parade... "Hi...It's me." It's better than cringing and saying words that are not good for the hearing ears!

I like the idea of waving! I could also toot my horn. Add to the excitment!

Sd is spot on! Yes they work and work well. They saved my tanks for sure! I have steel casters on mine. Yes my rig still make a big noise.

Elvis...My favorite! His "Rubbernecking" song goes well with the scraping!

You could always start singing

"1 for the money

2 for the show

3 to get ready

& GO SCRAPE GO

Lets Toy-rock Lets toy-rock"

will be a Hit for sure.... :buttwiggle: .