Leak from air conditioner area

This^ the RV shop told me about 5 years is max life for the gasket. When you replace it you will not believe how much it flattened out.

The A/C is held on by 4 screws, give them a turn or two. There may be enough squish to stop the leaks, if not you were going to buy a new gasket anyway.

I had the same problem about four months ago.

Solved it by removing the cover on top of the air conditioner (four screws). I cleaned the gasket area as best as I could with windex and rags rapped around an old piece of yardstick to get under the metal bottom of the air conditioner. Then, I used a caulk gun to caulk under the AC towards the gasket, pushing the caulk to the gasket with the forementioned yardstick.

On the inside, I removed the bottom side of the AC (knobs, screws, and then louvered filter assembly) and applied caulk on the inside of the gasket between the AC bottom and roof penetration.

So far, no leaks.

I guess I may need to take things apart up on the roof area to caulk around the area where the ac unit penetrates the roof. Any suggestions concerning this problem?

When I replaced the gasket on mine someone had tried to fix the leak with silicone sealant and it was latterly glued to the fiberglass roof what I don’t understand was they had to remove the A/C in order to glue it down like they did. It took me about 2 hours to get the unit off and clean up the sealer, the old gasket was about 1/4 thick the new one about 1" thick. Not only did it fix the leak it also made the A/C about 50% quieter it really is an easy less then an hour job (provided it's not glued down) there is a long piece of gasket that comes with the gasket that is for the rear of the A/C unit it's just a shim and it does not seal anything.