Gardner Pacific (Sunrader Questions)

Megor

Has anyone ever been able to contact ex-Gardner Pacific (the Sunrader Manufacturer) employees / management and get any questions answered regarding numbers for campers manufactured? I have an 87 Sunrader 4x4 with the 22RTE and would like to know how rare this machine really is.

There were supposed to be only 26. Don't really know where that info came from the the plant manager still has an RV shop in Napa, CA. I think there are more. Every year for the last 10 years on toyota motorhomes sites I see at least a couple I have never seen before. they are starting to add up. Doesn't really matter, still very few and very in demand. There's one right now on the sale site for this group for 27,500.It is the most I have ever seen one listed for but they easily get 18 thou if in good shape Where did you find yours and how long have you owned it. You have quite a nice list of toy homes there.

Linda S

I just purchased my Sunrader last month but I have been eyeing the 4x4's for years. I used to visit craigslists around the country religiously and have only run across 2 (3 now with the 27,500 one) in the last 3 years. I picked it up in San Clemente, CA for $12,000 and felt I got a great deal. While I was waiting for the perfect Sunrader I have been building my perfect Chinook, which explains the other 2, :). Do you have any contact info for the RV shop in Napa?

I saw that one when it was for sale. You got a screaming deal. 3 or 4 have sold on ebay in that time though but like I said. Who cares if there are 20 or 30. Still a rare desireable motorhome. There are only about 10 of the Nissan v6 Sunrader that I own but they will never be worth the kind of money the 4x4's are. Is the turbo diesel Chinook a new purchase too. There was a discussion about one for sale on this site not long ago.

Linda S

Oops missed the part about you building the Chinook. People here are going to want to see pics of that too

Has anyone ever been able to contact ex-Gardner Pacific (the Sunrader Manufacturer) employees / management and get any questions answered regarding numbers for campers manufactured? I have an 87 Sunrader 4x4 with the 22RTE and would like to know how rare this machine really is.

You might try to get a hold of Greg the sites owner he had one with the 22RTE. If I'm not mistaken it also was an extended cab he maybe able to give you some more info.

85 Diesel,

I have a straight axle 85' toyota with a stock 2LT and a 2nd 77 Chinook that I am going to combine together to create the Chinook turbo diesel. I have seen the other one on different forums and love it. I was following the posts during the initial build and the guy was fabricating all sorts of items for it to take it down to South America. Then I saw him sell it on a forum, and the last I saw it it was being sold on a Seattle craigslist for 15K by a different owner or his father or something. Anyway, my build is still at the finding engine parts to put the 2LT back together stage (only 90K on the engine but previous owner ripped a valve seat out.), I will post pics when I actually get to the Chinook addition part which will hopefully be this summer. it is strange that we were both headed for the same project before a 4x4 Sunrader came along, which makes me think there are more than 20 or 30 of these things. But I've been planning this Chinook build for so long now that I have to follow through regardless of the Sunrader. I will try to get a hold of Greg for some more info, do you guys know his username? Thanks for all of the great info!!

Where

85 Diesel,

I have a straight axle 85' toyota with a stock 2LT and a 2nd 77 Chinook that I am going to combine together to create the Chinook turbo diesel. I have seen the other one on different forums and love it. I was following the posts during the initial build and the guy was fabricating all sorts of items for it to take it down to South America. Then I saw him sell it on a forum, and the last I saw it it was being sold on a Seattle craigslist for 15K by a different owner or his father or something. Anyway, my build is still at the finding engine parts to put the 2LT back together stage (only 90K on the engine but previous owner ripped a valve seat out.), I will post pics when I actually get to the Chinook addition part which will hopefully be this summer. it is strange that we were both headed for the same project before a 4x4 Sunrader came along, which makes me think there are more than 20 or 30 of these things. But I've been planning this Chinook build for so long now that I have to follow through regardless of the Sunrader. I will try to get a hold of Greg for some more info, do you guys know his username? Thanks for all of the great info!!

Where are you located if you don't mind me asking? I have some 2L-T parts, the engine was recently rebuilt but for some reason it dropped a combustion chamber and ruined the number three piston, scratched the cylinder wall, and the badly pitted corresponding head surface. It's my friends engine that he's giving me because it's not worth the expense of a new piston and head. But all the other parts prettty new, if anything off of it can help you let me know.

Where

Where are you located if you don't mind me asking? I have some 2L-T parts, the engine was recently rebuilt but for some reason it dropped a combustion chamber and ruined the number three piston, scratched the cylinder wall, and the badly pitted corresponding head surface. It's my friends engine that he's giving me because it's not worth the expense of a new piston and head. But all the other parts prettty new, if anything off of it can help you let me know.

I live in Alaska, as far away from the rest of the world as possible, but my Toyota diesel is in Suquamish, WA. I will definitely keep that in mind, in fact I could probably still use some of those pistons. I was going to bore it out as the only pistons I could find for the thing were over sized. The turbo's on these things are hard to come by as well. Do you have a price attached to any of that stuff?

Thanks 85 Diesel,

This kind of got off topic, but I truly am interested in any info on Gardner Pacific contacts if any info comes about. Thanks.