Yeah the older systems just invoked a code generating system to read stored codes better then nothing but not very informative.

Where is the plug for the OBD-II, I have a 1993 Itasca-Spirit.

You have a code reading arrangement, there is a diagnostic connector under the hood with two terminals(E1 and TE1) that need to be jumperd doing so will cause the check engine light to blink a series of flashes when you turn the key on then you will need to have a look at a chart to decipher the code data. There is a space between the flashes the first set are ten’s and the second one’s so two flashes then three would be a code 23 If you don’t get the first time it will cycle until you turn off the key.

I had a 94 previa with obd 2. some models are before 96 but all models are obd 2 after.

also a 95 geo metro.

however no toyhome is obd2.

its good and its bad. obd 1 had to include a way to read the codes without a reader.

in toyotas case you put a fuse in a box and then it flashes the codes.

Where is the plug for the OBD-II, I have a 1993 Itasca-Spirit.

OBD has been around since the late 1960s. OBDII has only been around since 1994. In your case, if you have trouble, you need to count the light-flashes to read codes. I wish all my cars and trucks lacked OBDII but in my area, anything withou it is rusted out.

• 1 month later...

no obdII in 93. you can read codes though under the hood on pax side there is access to a plug that has about 18 pins - you have to jumper 2 pins then count flashes on your check engine light.

find one of the manuals online - detailed instructions are in there.