Sunrader light lens

tlava

anyone know where I can find a lens for the exterior light near the door on the 18' sunrader? It's different from the one above the door on the 21'--larger and square.. or maybe there is a something to substitute for this?

Thanks!

Could you post a picture of the light fixture? I was able to find a replacement for my Escaper at a shop near Madison, WI that has a fair amount of older stock. Mine has a grab handle with the light switch behind the handle. the light is above the handle. I later found that version at Camping World.

IF YOU HAVE THE LIGHT IN THE HANDLE THERE ARE TWO STYLES WITH THE OLD TYPE THE NEW LENS WILL NOT FIT . SO YOU HAVE TO REPLACE THE WHOLE UNIT . THE NEW TYPE FITS IN THE SAME HOLE . IF IT HAS BEEN CHANGED OVER THEN YOU CAN REPLACE THE LENS.THE EARLY LENS IS ALL BUT IMPOSSABLE TO GET .I REPLACED THE WHOLE UNIT ON MY 1987 DOLPHON .

The last time I was at the local RV shop he still had a couple of the old style lenses. Post a picture so that we can see what you have.

OK--thanks--I will post next wk--in shop till Monday having an OEM fan clutch installed -- a whole other discussion!

I do though I think have the old style, since it is an '86 (Nissan, if that matters) -- but, yes, handle and light above the handle -- the switch is inside the RV -- where do I find the new style replacement?

I post pic to "files and photos"?

Thanks!

Bargman still has that lighted door handle on their site but they have dissappeared from the web. Bargman does not sell direct. If anyone has one on their rig and can find any lenses near them I recommend you stock up. I waited too late and have never gotten a newer model one for my Nissan. I did find one place that still had them on their site but when I went to order it email came back that they could not fill my order, item no longer available. Crap

Linda S

IF I AM UNDERSTANDING YOU ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE NEWER TYPE IS NOT AVAILABLE EITHER I BOUGHT MINE LAST YEAR. THE WHOLE THING. THE NEW LENS WOULD NOT FIT THE OLD UNIT ENTIRE UNIT 37 DOLLARS.

IF I AM UNDERSTANDING YOU ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE NEWER TYPE IS NOT AVAILABLE EITHER I BOUGHT MINE LAST YEAR. THE WHOLE THING. THE NEW LENS WOULD NOT FIT THE OLD UNIT ENTIRE UNIT 37 DOLLARS.

Yup gone. There are some dealers who still have a few left. There were some lenses on ebay. I bought 2 cause they don't last forever. I know we call that the new one but you need to remember the new one came out in 1987. I just don't think they realized so many Toyota motorhomes with those parts were still on the road. Email Bargman and complain. I did.

http://www.bargman.com/content/contactus.aspx

Linda S

the new one came out in1987. I Did not know that. Must of been after my 1987 was made because i tried a newer style lens and it would not fit. I am glad I was able to buy a whole unit. ALSO THOSE WERE COMMON ON A LOT OF OLDER SLIDE IN CAMPERS.

I just bought 2 of the newer ones at local R V dealer Bargman #74-32-001 w/switch I did not ask if they could still get them will next time I contact them

• 2 weeks later...

NEW INFO ON THE DOOR HANDLE LIGHT MY LOCAL RV SHOP LADY SAID SHE ASKED THE FACTURY WHY NO MORE AND WAS TOLD THEIR DIES AND TOOLING BROKE DOWN TOTALY AND THE TOOLING WAS THEY SAID WAY TOO EXPENSIVE . SO AS OF RIGHT NOW NO TOOLING . THIS IS A VERY OLD AND WELL KNOWN GOOD LOCAL SHOP TOLD ME THIS.