Hot Water Heater/Tank Removal

HUntsman

1982 Toyota Huntsman

Wondering if the tank is bolted down or is it just held in place with the numerous propane lines and its weight.

I gotta get her outta there.

Any removal advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you !

Mr. HUntsman,

I R&R'd my H/W tank many years ago. If I recall correctly, it was held in only by the 1" sheet metal screws, all around the outside door. The hardest part of the removal was getting the H/W tank outer sheet metal "unstuck" from the bead of gray clay sealing puddy!

-Riverman77

I'll guess you are talking about the water heater. If you can get to the back of it that's where the water pipes are I have seen people pull them out and then disconnect the pipes and kink the lines getting them back in not a good thing. Yeah they are only held in with the screws around parameter and lots of gook.

DUH, John Boy - Read the title. Sorry, its Monday Morning.... :-(

I haven't removed mine, but I did winterize it, then disconnect it from the plumbing to make future winterization a lot faster and easier.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Thanks for the replies. She came right out after 10 screws. I was dreading the 30 yr old glue but never encountered it.

Huge New storage. Who needs hot water.its campin after all

My wife!

KARIN I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT OUR PRIOR 18 F T had a TOLIT only ROOM WAS A VERY TIGHT FIT CANT EMGNE TAKING A SHOWER IN SOMETHING THAT SMALL. THAT WAS OUR WATER HEATER A JIANT OLD TIME GALLON COFFE BOILER.

I bypassed mine to make winterization easier. The heater is permanently winterized and if I ever decide to reconnect it, takes about 3 minutes.

Link to How to Bypass Water Heater.

I travel in and out of freezing temperatures, so I sometimes need to winterize the system while on the road. This is a lot easier to do if I don't need to worry about draining flushing and putting antifreeze in the water heater.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto