Boondockers Welcome

PixieChick

80 acres in the Mts of south western Maine fantastic views of the White Mts. 1800' frontage on the Saco river bordering a 6,000 acre state owned wild life management area. Campers welcome!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I'm new to the group but am taking great interest in this post! We just acquired our first Toyhome, an '86 Sunrader, and are planning a loooong circular trip around the US this summer. I think a network of boondocking sites on other Toyhomowners property is a great idea, and probably something a moderator on this site could set aside some space for. In the meantime, I've had a little bit of luck using craigslist for this kind of thing. Since we live in Austin and plan to travel regularly to New Orleans, I put ad out looking for a yard or driveway to park and plug in, with the possible use of restroom facilities in the house, offering to pay or possibly set up a trade for my driveway in Austin. I received one response right away.

Eryn

I strongly recommend anyone take up maineah's offer. He has an absolutely beautiful property. You will have a great time unless you have a fear of horse sized extremely friendly dogs.

Maineah, have you had any more toyins in the last year or two?

I strongly recommend anyone take up maineah's offer. He has an absolutely beautiful property. You will have a great time unless you have a fear of horse sized extremely friendly dogs.

Maineah, have you had any more toyins in the last year or two?

Yep we have a friend from NY that comes up to visit quite a lot in her Toy home. And another stopped by headed down south. Feel free to stop by any time the doors all ways open.

• 3 months later...

Seems to me, everything on the planet is always changing. In my opinion, you take each situation as it is presented. When 'long term' forum members move about, you have some sense of who they might likely be from their posts. Most things in life are based on a handshake, a look as to how someone presents themselves or a brief conversation.

As a younger man, I traveled a bit, and have been 'befriended' by more than a few folks. Suspect most enjoyed my visit, likely a few thought me to be a bit odd. As a member of another forum, I have hosted a couple of travelers. Though we certainly have traveled a different path in life, the visits were a pleasant and productive experience.

I would be inclined to say, take each situation/opportunity on it's merit. I personally would not feel comfortable hosting just anyone, but after a bit of 'forum' research could be inclined to make a decision that I could feel comfortable with.

I suspect any of us could be embroiled in some legal nightmare for any number of unforeseen reasons; be prudent, do some research, but my guess is, there is a lot more to be gained than lost. Our Dolphin has been in the carport two years and logged 49 miles, geeezzzz. Gerry

Paradise, California.