1987 Jeep Amerigo RV 4WD, 22 feet Class C

zero

Another interesting RV on Ebay today. Note it has HD wheels and a full floating dually rear. The seller claims up to 18 MPG with the 4 liter engine and I suspect that is nonsense. Neat RV though. Certainly rarer then a Toyota. Where I live an empty 4 liter Jeep gets around 18-20 MPG on the highway. I suspect this RV gets more like 14 MPG. Kind of neat rig.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-Jeep-4x4-22-ft-Motorhome-RV-Low-miles-16-18-MPG-Smogged-4-wheel-drive-/170978704917?pt=RVs_Campers&hash=item27cf1ffe15

Yes a very interesting rig. I have only seen one other one like it for sale in Portland last fall but that one didn't say it was a 4x4 like this. Interesting combination of maker and coach too. Amerigo was owned by the same company as Gardiner-Pacific which made the Sunraders. Amerigo was located in Indiana. This coach section is exactly the same as a Nova Star which was made by New Horizon in southern California. Boggles the mind to figure out how these 2 came together

Linda S

It's exactly like my 87 Nova Star except the tail lights even the interior is the same! The Nova Star was made by New Horizon. Agreed on the fuel economy my old Jeep did just that with out a house I'll bet more like 12-14. Picture of the Nova Star before I redid the interior.

post-669-0-55889700-1359336610_thumb.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-toyota-commercial-camper-/281055498887?pt=RVs_Campers&hash=item4170369287#ht_500wt_1021

I'm not much of a dolphin fan but this one is an exception, 22re nice rear huge dinette. Might have death axle though...

Unlikely. Almost all Dolphins were upgraded thanks to National Rv's very determined search to find them all. Only company that did that. Of course probably cause they were the only one still in business

Linda S

Boy, the interior of the coach looks strikingly much like the interior of my 1988 Dolphin 900 Model...right down to the cabinets, beds, table, etc.

...with the exception of the slight sloping (inbound) upper cabinets.

-Riverman77