I've just about got all the trusses up for the new Toyhome garage (there's more up than the attached picture shows) and its not a moment too soon! The hill behind my house has a nice, light layer of fresh snow and me and two friends are turnin' and burnin' to get the roofing on and everything buttoned up.

John

post-2678-0-95703200-1349276678_thumb.jppost-2678-0-20400900-1349276703_thumb.jp

All the trusses are up. All the heavy lifting is done. We'll be adding the metal roofing in a couple of days. I'm buzzed.

The trusses are old trusses that I took apart and modified to increase the pitch so that our snow load (60# a square foot in this area) will have a better chance of sliding off. I used polyurethane liquid nails, 1/2 inch plywood and about a gazillion screws to hold everything together. So far, so good. At least nothing's fallen down yet. Of course there's no snow on the roof...

John

Thanks, Steve and Linda. We are lucky in living where we do. We have 85 acres of woods in the mountains about 17 miles west of Kalispell, Montana. Our 45 year-old log cabin keeps us cozy even if it is a little drafty in the Winter. The only drawback living up here is that Winter comes too early and stays around too long, like a house guest who just won't leave. Lots of room for Toyota motorhomes, though, with coffee and croissants in the morning...

John

Not only am I going to get on top of the roof, I'm going to tear the whole thing off from below the cabover front window all the way back to the top of the big rear window and replace it with new 2 x 2 roof framing with a nice 1/2" camber, a layer of 3/8" plywood and one continuous piece of aluminum from the seam below the front cabover window (eliminating the window altogether) to the top of the rear picture window. No roof leaks...

John