Got debris in my toilet

gr8white

I am renovating my Toyota and took the toilet out to put in a new floor. Well I didnt cover the hole and now have tons of sawdust, wood chippings and wallpaper that got in the toilet hole as you can see from the pic. My question is do I need to put my hand in there and get it out? I emptied it before it happened so there is no human waste in there. Or, can I run a hose in there and empty it that way? Thanks!

post-6413-0-82556100-1349134462_thumb.jp

If the tank is fairly dry I would remove what you can by hand and take a wet/dry vacuum hose and get out the big stuff. Flush with water and drain.

so u guys think running a hose in it and draining it would be a bad idea? I planned on running the hose through it anyway for a long time to get it really clean and keeping the outlet open for like an hour.

so u guys think running a hose in it and draining it would be a bad idea?

I would a least try to get the big stuff out. Yes you could just drain it out but take a risk of clogging the black/gray line and you'll then have to get out the SNAKE.

I appreciate the responses. I found a shop vac and will use that then flush the tank. This remodel turned into alot more than I expected. I am replacing all shower walls including the wood. I ripped the floor up and am installing a laminant floating hard wood looking floor. I took the wall paper off of the wall in the bathroom and over the sink in the kitchen and figured I would just paint the walls and replace some wood. Now Im afraid the paint will come out bad because I am painting 1/4 inch Leuon. Im thinking I will sand it first and then buy some kind of primer and hopefully it will come out ok. Anyone have any advice on this? Thanks!

I appreciate the responses. I found a shop vac and will use that then flush the tank. This remodel turned into alot more than I expected. I am replacing all shower walls including the wood. I ripped the floor up and am installing a laminant floating hard wood looking floor. I took the wall paper off of the wall in the bathroom and over the sink in the kitchen and figured I would just paint the walls and replace some wood. Now Im afraid the paint will come out bad because I am painting 1/4 inch Leuon. Im thinking I will sand it first and then buy some kind of primer and hopefully it will come out ok. Anyone have any advice on this? Thanks!

Another reason to get all you can before drain/flush is not getting some small peice of stuff in the drain valve seal. I had to replace both of the drain valves on my 91.

vanman

I'd be concerned about any large pieces, several inches long, that could get wedged or caught in drain lines or valve. If they're less than an inch square, FLUSH your problems away. :-)

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I wouldn't use my beloved shop vac on that situation... drive over to a coin operated car wash and use their vacuum. muahahaha; same reason why I wear gloves if i use those.

I wouldn't use my beloved shop vac on that situation... drive over to a coin operated car wash and use their vacuum. muahahaha; same reason why I wear gloves if i use those.

Great Idea! That is what I will do. I will put the toilet in afterwards which is easy. Thanks Totem!