$500 Sunrader

RHS

I did not need another project but saw a sunrader for $500 just had to check it out. I drove an 18' 1982 sunrader 420 miles home. Drove well, has upgraded axle, very good tires. Has exhaust leak, oil leak some where on top of engine, needs some cabinet work, front curved windows have cracks. All this is pretty easily fixed, has great bones. But I have a problem I am not sure about. The speedometer does not work right, it said I was doing 75 mph when I was actually doing 55 mph. I have seen several miles difference but that seems to be extreme. There are some very sharp people on this web sight, can some one tell me what the problem is. It has a 4 spd manual it originally had 5 spd they said. The speedo gear may well be wrong but could it be that far off?

thanks

5th gear is about a 20% OD so ya your speedo could be that far off. Just get a speedo drive gear for the 4sp.

I found it in Salem, Oregon it was on craigslist, in "cars & trucks" under 'motor homes' I do not know why some one down there did not get it or at least look at it

I found it in Salem, Oregon it was on craigslist, in "cars & trucks" under 'motor homes' I do not know why some one down there did not get it or at least look at it

I am in Salem, I look 3 times a day and never saw this one, but i've only been looking for 2 weeks. Nice snag. I never look under cars and trucks and they miss spelled sunrader all things that would have evaded my ever present search heh.

I bought a 79 toyota dolphin for 300: it was the 2nd crazy priced thing I saw.

I just brought the cash, and since I was the first one there I just bought it and drove it home. I had paperwork already that it was not stolen.

It was completely title less. I did have the previous owners name.

The shocks were completely shot and it leaked oil. But it ran strong. The slave cylinder leaked too.

I restored its functionality for going on a trip and sold it for 2900 in july. And the people lining up to see it was ridiculous.

A lot of people just don't have the experience to deal with a car with problems.

Not to say there weren't 20 more people that wanted the dolphin that day.

I just took the risk and it turned out well because I. Saw the problems with it but I knew they weren't terrible

A complete amature will end up in trouble fast buying fix it cars.

It was kind of an easy sale even though it was 5 lug because it looked very nice, a bit nicer than my 85

When I found my Escaper, it had a couple of minor problems that looked major. They would have been expensive to repair if a shop did the job but I has able to complete the work myself so only paid for parts. The key to keeping these things on the road is doing the work yourself.

It's still posted.

http://salem.craigsl...3283271041.html

It pays to check 'Cars & Trucks' and search for 'motorhome', motor home', 'MH', 'RV' and 'camper' plus, of course, 'Toyota' (and 'Nissan').

http://salem.craigsl...3241879323.html

http://portland.crai...3291135875.html

indeed; and now the mystery of NADA and KBB p2p purchase value is finally solved. $500 is practically free; its worth more than that in scrap metal. Also to add to evidence of this I saw an almost mint Americana go on ebay for $2000 in August... its listing category was in cars & trucks->toyota->other