Vent Cover disappeared

We lost the vent over on the right back somewhere, sometime, on our cross Canada trip. It's quite a substantial fitting and we can't figure out how it went. However, the cover on the left (over the shower) was partway off too, so maybe a big bump or something.

Now we are on a search for a replacement. It's got a 3" diameter, 2-1/2 to 3 inches deep. We're in the Kitchener Ontario area.

Will let you know how we make out, but in the meanwhile, if anyone else has any idea where these covers might be had, let us know.

Sue & Ron in Toy-Rig

Well, we went over to Preston to an RV place, which incidentally seemed to be more expensive than Chris' place in Errington, B.C. at least for a water pump. We bought a replacement cover (had to purchase the whole thing - and we didn't need the whole thing) but the lid portion does not fit. We are not prying the base off the roof as it is well and truly sealed. Will have to figure out what else can be done. Maybe a small tin can and duct tape?

Yes there are several different kinds and they are not interchangable. Except for this one. It just fits into your pipe that sticks up and the metal things hold it in like a spring.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQWQ0A/ref=asc_df_B000BQWQ0A2134716?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B000BQWQ0A&hvpos=1o3&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=19638299241955301874&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=

Linda S

Pretty normal I see them on the road all the time the sun light kills them. If it's the vent pipe cover it won't leak water into the camper so not to worry till you get home if it the lids off the the crank open vent there are 3 hing types and you'll have to match it up for a replacement but they all are 14X14"

Yes it most certainly can leak from the vent pipe if the cap is not in place. Bird flew into my overhead a few years ago and I was so happy my overhead window didn't break I didn't check anything else. Turns out he must have bounced of the vent cap and knocked it off. In heavy rain that night I had rain running through the cabinets and dripping right down on my head. Ended up on the roof in the middle of the night in the rain.putting a plastic bowl over it with a rock to hold it in place. Those pipes are hardly ever completely sealed and outside ring that the cap fits onto fills with water. Yuck

Linda S

Well we got lucky. Despite all the rain we had during the days it rained (really don't know how long it was missing) we didn't have any water inside. Our brother in law Bob was able to install the cover we bought although it was incompatible and put a screw in the other one so it won't go missing.

Now all we have to do it find a replacement for the little lug cover on our left back axle.

Where did all this stuff leave us? We also got a star ding in our windshield which we will leave until we get home (hoping it won't get worse until then).