I guess I'm nearly done now...

Thought I'd share a pic with ya to show the interior area of my long but rewarding revamping. All I have left is to remove the Fridge to put in the AC/DC unit, which I am waiting to do when I remove the drivers area seats, to take the fridge out the passenger door, and then replace the drivers area carpets, pull in the new fridge, and then replacement seats. Then to remove the roof air finally, and EPDM the roof, and put in the indoor AC/heating unit. It's been fun, and glad, except for the things mentioned, and little things along the way to be near completion.

post-5603-0-70361700-1344137508_thumb.jp

question is that a microwave / convection oven combo?

No Totem, it's only a convection oven:

post-5603-0-22503400-1344665667_thumb.jp

It was real light, and had less cabinet modification due to the combo unit being a couple inches bigger all around.

My Microwave is in the pantry made by converting the too small and waste of space the old wardrobe closet was:

post-5603-0-65502500-1344665324_thumb.jp

Here with the door closed:

post-5603-0-38895900-1344665405_thumb.jp

Here are a few more pictures with all the work done in the seating and TV area as well.

post-5603-0-08773700-1344665758_thumb.jppost-5603-0-93896100-1344665798_thumb.jppost-5603-0-28731600-1344665868_thumb.jp

Happy Travels!

Not that I am complaining, and it's just a grand observation that 172 people have viewed my posting here, and only 2 have been kind enough to say some thoughts as a whole? Good, bad, indifferent, say something.....makes me wonder if I should even waste my time sharing anything here, as it seems quite clear most really dont give a poop? Happy travels, and peace!

David,

Probably one of the problems has been forum speed. There was a significant decline in postings over the past couple weeks because people were getting timed out when they tried to post.

I like all the personal touches, pictures, affection ado, etc. Mine looks so plain Jane. :bye2:

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

It looks really nice !!! Thank you for sharing it with us :)

Andrew.

looks really sharp, always amazing to see what everyone is doing or has done. and as said, until board sped up posting was out of the question, couple of days couldn't even read the board. and even when someone looks and doesn't post they still are enjoying and benefiting from the sharing, you not wasteing your time. so thanks for doing so.

Thanks for the great replies, and I too struggled through the slow post. It's nice to hear feedback as one likes to hear from their peers the good or not so good to keep them from going overboard? It would be nice to know what others are doing to their Toys, I know we don't run into each other aside from the rallies for the most part, that's why I guess, having a response here is so much appreciated. I love the original wood, especially when it is in such great shape, so for me, the paintbrush is a last resort. I did paint the ceiling over the cab, and feathered in the matched color over the places where water had leaked in prior to sealing the bad areas, and one wall so far in my converted bathroom area. I guess once you paint it, you can never go back? Thanks again for your kind words and feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a motorhome yet...just looking for now...I often do not post because I am here to gaining info and learning right now...with that said...thanks for doing what you did as I learned that there is hope for the interiors of some of the ones I have looked at to purchase!! Why the outdoor looking lawn chair in the back??? To me it looks a bit out of place and "hogs" (hehe) up a lot of visual space.... :)

Nice job using home furniture that fits. Only one bed now. I guess you dont need two beds though. Cant have sleepovers!

Yeah one bed is just fine, as I am single with a cat, but no kids. If I do plan to take a lady friend, there is room up above for both, as I have a special cushion I made to place against the front outcrop of the cab over and we are fine and cozy. I took the old foam from the old longer side dinette seat and contact cemented it to a plywood plank cut to size. I then upholstered it nicely, so if another male friend is traveling with me, it lays right on the floor between the sofa and the credenza for sleeping, and stores in the wardrobe storage area I made from the bathroom when in travel mode. If I have a travel companion that has a child, they will fit on the sofa just fine. Thanks for the nice comments, and I have a slide show now too

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=slideshow&album=365

It shows more recent updates, and that I'm pretty much complete now. Happy travels!

I don't have a motorhome yet...just looking for now...I often do not post because I am here to gaining info and learning right now...with that said...thanks for doing what you did as I learned that there is hope for the interiors of some of the ones I have looked at to purchase!! Why the outdoor looking lawn chair in the back??? To me it looks a bit out of place and "hogs" (hehe) up a lot of visual space.... :)

I'm guessing that no one truly buys a Toyhome for it's spaciousness, visual or otherwise? Functionality I think best describes the inside of a Micro-home, and getting as much function without adding weight and still be pleasing to each is what they are all about. If roominess is what one wants in their RV, well maybe the Toyhome isn't the right choice for them?

I wouldn't call it a lawn chair, it's actually the frame from an outdoor loveseat that I had. It was real light and strong, so I just used the frame, cut off the legs, and mounted it on the worthless bench seat, and put my new cushions on it. This added a far better seating position, and some much needed seating room, as I am 6'2" and the original built in dinette bench seat was like me sitting on a kids sofa, with my back against the windows and blinds. It really doesn't hog any real usable space, as when sitting all one needs is the floor beneath your feet, leg room and enough room to get around and move freely.

I guess it's no different than one having a coffee table in front of their sofa at home? But there's really more distance than that here, as there's enough room to put a folding table in front for laptop, or eating. Thanks for the kind words, and hope you find one soon, or something you like to give your special and personal treatments too! Happy travels all!

looks really sharp, always amazing to see what everyone is doing or has done. and as said, until board sped up posting was out of the question, couple of days couldn't even read the board. and even when someone looks and doesn't post they still are enjoying and benefiting from the sharing, you not wasteing your time. so thanks for doing so.

Thank you 90, I agree, so many awesome ideas, great mods, and pride in ownership. Thanks for the kind words! Peace!

David,

Probably one of the problems has been forum speed. There was a significant decline in postings over the past couple weeks because people were getting timed out when they tried to post.

I like all the personal touches, pictures, affection ado, etc. Mine looks so plain Jane. :bye2:

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I know, and agree, the speed had been terrible there for awhile. I do appreciate the kind words from you and all that have taken the time to give their thoughts as well. Plain doesn't mean unattractive, and I am sure you have a winner, just as we all do in our own special ways!. Happy travels!

Not that I am complaining, and it's just a grand observation that 172 people have viewed my posting here, and only 2 have been kind enough to say some thoughts as a whole? Good, bad, indifferent, say something.....makes me wonder if I should even waste my time sharing anything here, as it seems quite clear most really dont give a poop? Happy travels, and peace!

Great work! I saved some of your pics to my harddrive in addition to some other folk's renovations that will all serve as inspiration for when we start our own renovation.

Great work! I saved some of your pics to my harddrive in addition to some other folk's renovations that will all serve as inspiration for when we start our own renovation.

Thanks MD, I appreciate the nice words, and I hope you get yours the way you like, and enjoy the work as much as I have!

Heres my new A/C unit, my first step ridding myself of the roof air.

post-5603-0-77838100-1346383155_thumb.jp

It fits right behind the passenger seat where you enter the Dolphin, and the vent hose will vent out the passenger side window. Roll the window down, and place the window vent housing cut to fit the curve of the opening, roll the window up to hold in place. A hole through the floor will route the drain hose onto the ground under the home,so no need to empty. I am running an outlet to the wires currently going to the roof air so it will be dedicated and the pull designed power for that run. I will give some photos when I am complete. Next season I am removing the roof air, and redoing the roof completely, and will be so happy having head room, and no more wind buffeting, sagging roof, and constant leak maintenance. Happy Travels!

http://www.openboxdirect.com/Koldfront-7000-BTU-Slim-Design-Portable-Air-Conditioner-Open-Box-PAC701WOB/PAC701WOB,default,pd.html?mtcpromotion=GoogleBase%3EHome_Air_Quality%3EOpen_Box%3EPAC701WOB&src=SHOPDISCOUNT

Well the remnants of Isaac will be rolling in here tonight through Sunday, and I’m so glad I got all my roof seal taping done today. I can’t wait till next season for the replacement material roof I will be putting on. I got my final Harley bling put across the cab over bottom where I redid and covered all the old mess that used to be there. I will post more in a couple days when I get the new air unit completed. It will then be off for vacation for 10 days or so!

post-5603-0-34789800-1346452789_thumb.jp