Any single women RVers?

stamar

Just that lol.

Are there links to younger single women rvers?

By younger Im not exactly young, Im 40. but not a senior. Always interested in someone who wants to be a full time rver. Most importantly, Im less and less interested in meeting a girlfriend whos stuck renting a little hole somewhere.

Just that lol.

Are there links to younger single women rvers?

By younger Im not exactly young, Im 40. but not a senior. Always interested in someone who wants to be a full time rver. Most importantly, Im less and less interested in meeting a girlfriend whos stuck renting a little hole somewhere.

Apparently Linda was so captivated, she's speechless. ^^

hmmm.. maybe one of the more interesting questions ever posted here?

post-385-0-15524000-1337058015_thumb.jpg

I'm sure they're out there... tho they might not have immediate access to the internet. So it might be awhile before you get a response. Keep the optimism alive tho.

I was so speechless I canceled what I wrote but blank page posted instead. His profile says he lives in Arcata. Hippie central and there are plenty of relatively young women already living in Rv's. Down home, nature loving, pot smoking, hikers, horticulturalist, animal lovers, You name it. Steve your a Santa Cruz guy. Think the old pre-yuppie Santa Cruz times 10. To top it all off the population of Arcata has one of the highest percentages of college educated people in the country. So they are atheletic, smart and they can milk the goat and then make cheese out of it. Sweetie if you can't find a girl right there in town I couldn't think of another place to look.

LS

I'm sure they're out there... tho they might not have immediate access to the internet. So it might be awhile before you get a response. Keep the faith tho and continue to propagate your proposal.

having lived in both arcata and santa cruz....

i must say that arcata, at about 17k people is closer in size to something like aptos. Eureka might be closer to the size of santa cruz....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcata

being a undergrad college town,half the population in arcata is by definition non college graduate.... arcata would actually have a way lower than average percentage of college graduates per capita than santa cruz or almost anywhere.

the local city college is under academic suspension.

You may want to rethink whatever that demographic is supposed to be..... Definitely, as the lowest tier of the ca state college system, this is not an area of academic excellence. Many fewer educated people around here than any urban setting. This is the worst state college in the state. There are many carreer students that the state college system eventually forces to come here. I cant even tell you how many people I have met that have gone over 10 years to get a ba at hsu.

More people who are basic laborers. The only people Ive really ever met that were illiterate are in humboldt, its kind of like arkansas.

Arcata is poor like santa cruz has never been. Not pre yuppie.

Its more the capitol of dreadlocks, and growing pot in an apartment.. Personal fitness is SOOOOO much less in style in humboldt than in santa cruz, the bay area etc. Tons of chubbies, not really as many people running around or even riding bicycles. Once every 6 months on a sunny day you can see someone jogging in arcata.

Its cool to see peoples dreams though. Arcata is worth touristing through.

there are a lot of rvers that come through southern humboldt especially in the summer for music festivals, and a lot of just general rvers who check out redwood national park.... Im hoping to get in my rv and leave this backwater in my rear view mirror though.

Edited by stamar

Arcata. Hippie central and there are plenty of relatively young women already living in Rv's. Down home, nature loving, pot smoking, hikers, horticulturalist, animal lovers, You name it
Damn.. I'm married now otherwise probably would be lured in by those sirens! :)

Like Linda, I was under impression that Arcata was a "smart people" town too. Interesting info you're describing.

I think you might have the right recipe tho by hitting the road to meet more like minded ppl. You'll meet more people interested in RV'in (or any other activity) when you're doing it.

I think the internet/globalization etc has made the world a much smaller place with all the information sharing... AND women, seem to at least, be more adventurous than they were 20 years ago (at least according to the internet). I see blogs all the time of women bicycling through Africa, motorcyling to South America, or surfing gnarly Indonesian waves etc. Just seems there are more girls out there doing these kinds of crazy adventurous things which is nice to see. So prob not too far fetched to actually find a "Girls RV website/link" that your "safe browser" settings will let you check out too.

Ya agree with Linda, Santa Cruz isn't the same town it was even 10 years ago. Would have like to have been here in the 70's that's for sure.

Percentage of people with bachelors degree in Humboldt county is 30 %. Higher than Sacramento county which is only 27%. I was comparing it to Santa Cruz of the old days but their percentage is currently at 37% but completely yuppified with most homes going for half a million or more so it doesn't really count anymore. Communities of primarily wealthier people are always more educated. Excuse me but thats a lot. Almost one third of everyone over the age of 25 has at least a 4 year degree. In contrast Del Norte county which is a similar rural area has a degreed percentage of only 14%. As far as the quality of the education at Humboldt State it was chosen as one of the best Western Colleges by the Princeton Review along with Cal Poly and San Diego State. Not bad company. Maybe the women your meeting don't like your negative attitude

LS

Wow, just checked college degree's in Arcata. 41%. That is higher than even I thought.

having lived in both arcata and santa cruz....

i must say that arcata, at about 17k people is closer in size to something like aptos. Eureka might be closer to the size of santa cruz....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcata

being a undergrad college town,half the population in arcata is by definition non college graduate.... arcata would actually have a way lower than average percentage of college graduates per capita than santa cruz or almost anywhere.

the local city college is under academic suspension.

You may want to rethink whatever that demographic is supposed to be..... Definitely, as the lowest tier of the ca state college system, this is not an area of academic excellence. Many fewer educated people around here than any urban setting. This is the worst state college in the state. There are many carreer students that the state college system eventually forces to come here. I cant even tell you how many people I have met that have gone over 10 years to get a ba at hsu.

More people who are basic laborers. The only people Ive really ever met that were illiterate are in humboldt, its kind of like arkansas.

Arcata is poor like santa cruz has never been. Not pre yuppie.

Its more the capitol of dreadlocks, and growing pot in an apartment.. Personal fitness is SOOOOO much less in style in humboldt than in santa cruz, the bay area etc. Tons of chubbies, not really as many people running around or even riding bicycles. Once every 6 months on a sunny day you can see someone jogging in arcata.

Its cool to see peoples dreams though. Arcata is worth touristing through.

there are a lot of rvers that come through southern humboldt especially in the summer for music festivals, and a lot of just general rvers who check out redwood national park.... Im hoping to get in my rv and leave this backwater in my rear view mirror though.

thats a crazy ranking.

If youre interested in hsu, I recomend looking into more rankings lol. One of the only state colleges with dropping enrollments, it is almost always the easiest one to get into. If you want to meet an academic star this is not where you go, its totally the opposite. Each year the bottom students of the entire state college system are pressured to come here.

I went to humboldt state. I have met hundreds if not more of the students, there are many many that came here because they are challenged. Every year the bottom students who live off grants from cs bakersfield are forced to apply here. Every single year, you want to meet the bottom students on grants from cs northridge, here they are. The kids who couldnt get into cs east bay, cs monterey cs chico here they are.

Its ranked 30th of 33 state universities Someone can always find its apealing points. Whatever its good for. Forestry Im sure.

In the real world a degree from humboldt state means... very little.

Demographics are interesting Im really not sure

http://chronicle.com...rees-in/125995/

Im suprised humboldt is almost average to the country as far as college degrees.

It follows that because there are a lot of people who go to the state college here vs the population that eventually they have a degree. Also the only state college for several counties in all directions...

You want to know a funnier demographic. I am positive that humboldt is the leading percentage of students vs degrees in the country, meaning there are more college students in humboldt vs degrees than anywhere. More people on a student loan toking bong rips till they learn to grow pot.

I think though that census data ignores the huge percentage of residents that are off the radar, dont pay taxes etc. And a huge chunk of those are hs dropouts. Not a majority of the people but a larger chunk here than anywhere I have been. Next I suppose look for masters degrees?

I dont know what a bachelors degree really says about someone you might meet, especially if one is from hsu, on is from ucsc. Those are two entirely different people lol one was probably from a rich family one is from someone using the college system like welfare.

I know of the places Ive lived this is definitely the least educated, I dont recomend even dreaming of coming here to meet intellectuals.

Im always a realist. having lived here 7 years, I at least value my opinions way more than opinions based on short internet browsing. But, Im welcome to compare them.

Edited by stamar

one thing I would say is great about humboldt is theres tons of parking.

barely any police harrassment. Compared to a more urban setting.

Ive never really full time rved here but there are school busses and such around. So from that angle, its almost an rv friendly area. Compared to santa cruz where theres a more organized effort to keep rvers moving along.

In the town I grew up, Santa Barbara, its extremely rv unfriendly for instance. Or, one of the beach towns near LA etc.

as far as hippies...

Theres lots of hippies. But what that means is something different than what it might mean in the bay area. Not a minority with a personal value but a majority going with what everyone else in the area thinks.

Reasonably liberal politically but actually to the right of santa cruz. Some radicalism but nothing like.... eugene oregon...

basically its interesting. If you want to live there someday youll have your own educated opinions about it ;o)

Edited by stamar

• 3 months later...

I’m not implying that anyone here is not on the up and up, but one would think, in this day and age, mentioning that they are alone and where they live or will be traveling alone would not be something broadcasted out to someone on a forum they have never met. Especially if they have a nice rig, and photos of all the belongings they may have posted. One, who has a lot to put into their rigs, usually has a comfortable nest egg, and I think that would go for male or female travelers alike. Rallies are cool because they involve groups of people, but I wouldn’t feel anywhere safe just hooking up with some unseen, never met, and non verified or identified person anywhere or anytime while out on the road somewhere alone.

I had my identity stolen while out on the road about 7 years ago by being too trusting to someone who was actually plotting with another to steal my rig, and leave me stranded. He got my debit card info when I was not careful enough paying for dinner and the group used the numbers to wipe out my account by quickly making purchases on the internet together.

Scammers can gather information about travelers with a couple of accomplices acting interested and friendly, asking you questions about you, your family, and your rig. They compile the info, and bring in another to run the con using that info given to pose as whatever they want you to believe by having common interest, and experiences. Happened to me in El Paso Texas, so be careful out there. It was my bad, too trusting, and lessons were learned.

I'm sure they're out there... tho they might not have immediate access to the internet. So it might be awhile before you get a response. Keep the optimism alive tho.

LOL, That sure don't look like MY '86 Toyota Travelmaster 21'

Good one :-)

Wow, when is the last time your lady served you coffee with a Corningware cornflower pattern perculator? It's too bad Stamar, the beautiful lady is now in her late 60's early 70's I'm thinking?

Come back to the 70's though , she has a message for you, click and see!

post-5603-0-44031500-1346465910_thumb.jp