Why is water coming out of this drain????

Greetings

I have a 1985 Coachman that's in great shape. We got it with all of the service records and ran most of the systems and it was all good. We spent some time working on the interior while we were waiting for the opportunity to take it out (www.thedoverguppy.com) but today I was flushing out the water tank and the first thing that happened is that the water pump was bad. That was an easy fix. I ran the new pump with some fresh water and bleach and then refilled the tank since we're taking it out tomorrow. I left to get some stuff and when I returned home it was still wet underneath the coach. I looked underneath, just behind the driver's side door, and just to the left of underneath the generator, and there's this drain that is trickling water. I thought I may have overfilled the tank, but it kept tricking, and after a few hours has gone through 1/3 of the tank?

Any insight to what's going on? There's no leak and the pump works great, water pressure is good, etc. Thanks.

Oh.... while I'm at it... I don't have a gray and black water holding tank. Just a holding tank. Is that unusual?

Thanks again.

post-6109-0-14221400-1336182468_thumb.jp

holding tank must be black/grey combo, in other words black only because of having toilet inside of shower. maybe drain that is leaking has something to do with hot water heater?? just a guess.

Looks like it might be the fresh water tank drain. Look at the outflow of the fresh water tank and look for a little ring. Up is open and down is closed. Don't know your floor plan but I'm sure you know where it is cause you just replaced the pump so it should be just before that

LS

Greetings

I have a 1985 Coachman that's in great shape. We got it with all of the service records and ran most of the systems and it was all good. We spent some time working on the interior while we were waiting for the opportunity to take it out (www.thedoverguppy.com) but today I was flushing out the water tank and the first thing that happened is that the water pump was bad. That was an easy fix. I ran the new pump with some fresh water and bleach and then refilled the tank since we're taking it out tomorrow. I left to get some stuff and when I returned home it was still wet underneath the coach. I looked underneath, just behind the driver's side door, and just to the left of underneath the generator, and there's this drain that is trickling water. I thought I may have overfilled the tank, but it kept tricking, and after a few hours has gone through 1/3 of the tank?

Any insight to what's going on? There's no leak and the pump works great, water pressure is good, etc. Thanks.

Oh.... while I'm at it... I don't have a gray and black water holding tank. Just a holding tank. Is that unusual?

Thanks again.

I agree with Linda,

Mine has two winterization drains (one hot and one cold).

That looks like a low point winterization drain.

My fresh holding tank drain is a little water spicket outside on the side, (can use it to fill a cup of water, or leave it open to drain the tank)

One tank for both isn't unheard of

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

my prior rv was like that only had a kitichon sink and a tolit one black tank for both