Stockton wheel is now back in business again. I don't know if they will still make the Toyota duallies but they were previously one of only 2 places that did it. This includes the 15 inch duallies for the 4x4's. Hopefully they will be willing to make them again.

http://www.stocktonwheel.com/

Linda S

okay who is going to call monday and find out if they carry them anymore so there isnt a lot of speculation to who makes/still makes compatible wheels for us.

I will!!! I already made my 16"s so I will do it for posterity for anyone else looking.

Twenties on a Toy home. Funny image. Reminds me of when I first bought mine, it had spinners on it. Still have a license plate holder that when you turn the lights on devils eyes light up.

Linda S

Don't forget to ask them if they have plans for 16". Maybe a set of 20s? :rolleyes:

Twenties on a Toy home. Funny image. Reminds me of when I first bought mine, it had spinners on it. Still have a license plate holder that when you turn the lights on devils eyes light up.

Linda S

need pic of license plate holder... too awesome.

• 8 months later...

16"'s. I just emailed them about 15". How would motor pull with 16's

Ken

1986 Sunrader 4x4

Jerry runs 16's on his 85 4x4 Sunrader but he has single wheels in back. No reason why you couldn't ask them if they will make a single wheel that will fit your full floater. Then you can buy E load tires and have plenty of weight rating to spare. 16's for the front shouldn't be too hard to find.

Linda S

Jerry runs 16's on his 85 4x4 Sunrader but he has single wheels in back. No reason why you couldn't ask them if they will make a single wheel that will fit your full floater. Then you can buy E load tires and have plenty of weight rating to spare. 16's for the front shouldn't be too hard to find.

Linda S

If somebody wants big single wheels (I can't imagine why) on a full floater -why not just get some old 50s Dodge or Studebaker truck wheels? Same bolt pattern as what Toyota uses on the FF.

4x4's ,off road, I don't have one but all the off road guys know say single wheels track better and larger wheels run over rocks and ruts better. A touch more clearance to protect your tanks too. Jerry's not the only one who has done it. Yes those old wheels will fit but not so easy to find and I don't know if I would care to put a 60 year old wheel on a rig I already had almost 20 grand into.

Linda S

4x4's ,off road, I don't have one but all the off road guys know say single wheels track better and larger wheels run over rocks and ruts better. A touch more clearance to protect your tanks too. Jerry's not the only one who has done it. Yes those old wheels will fit but not so easy to find and I don't know if I would care to put a 60 year old wheel on a rig I already had almost 20 grand into.

Linda S

Age of a wheel wouldn't worry me at all. It's steel and either its rusty or it's not. But I suspect many of those old wheels are split-rims and that is something I never want to use again. I've had several come apart on me. I think my 1969 Dodge Powerwagon was one of the last US trucks to use them.

I don't know if I would care to put a 60 year old wheel on a rig I already had almost 20 grand into.

Linda S

The 6 X 7.25" wheels with 16" tires were used on Jeeps in Viet Nam up to the end of the war (or call it "conflict" like LBJ did).. That model Jeep - the M715, is still being made new (more or less). It was copied by the army of South Korea and is made by Kia as the KM450. I think the same basic copy is also made in India. I suspect there are many military surplus wheels available overseas that fit the FF Toyotas. Just little to no demand in the USA.

1969_Jeep_M715b_zpsf90b50f0.jpg

Here is Kia's new version of the Jeep M715. Called the KM450

KiaKm450_zps89bebc0a.jpg