Hi,

Last year, my Check Engine light came on and I limped home and went into Toyota, they diagnosed it as a failed computer. So far was only into the diagnose $75, fair enough for about two hours of checking things. Then there was the good news / bad news scenario - first the good news they found out the specific model and cost ( 1700.00) and the bad news (they dont make them anymore) you can imagine how that went over. Went home and 30 minutes later, on the internet found a place in Florida, their price 295.00 refurbished. And if you returned your old defective unit, you had a lifetime warranty for the rest of the time you owned it. So off I went, ordered it - two days later installed it and two days later returned it to them. It has worked flawlessly, they registered me for the returned unit warranty and I am a happy camper!

By the way make sure you have the specific model number for the transmission, apparently there are a number of different models of computers based on the engine transmission/ rear axle (dual wheel in my case) so be accurate.

The company is called AutocomputerExchange Sales <sales@autocomputerexchange.com>

Hi,

Last year, my Check Engine light came on and I limped home and went into Toyota, they diagnosed it as a failed computer. So far was only into the diagnose $75, fair enough for about two hours of checking things. Then there was the good news / bad news scenario - first the good news they found out the specific model and cost ( 1700.00) and the bad news (they dont make them anymore) you can imagine how that went over. Went home and 30 minutes later, on the internet found a place in Florida, their price 295.00 refurbished. And if you returned your old defective unit, you had a lifetime warranty for the rest of the time you owned it. So off I went, ordered it - two days later installed it and two days later returned it to them. It has worked flawlessly, they registered me for the returned unit warranty and I am a happy camper!

By the way make sure you have the specific model number for the transmission, apparently there are a number of different models of computers based on the engine transmission/ rear axle (dual wheel in my case) so be accurate.

The company is called AutocomputerExchange Sales <sales@autocomputerexchange.com>

autozone & advance also have listings for them (dual wheel toyota trucks)

• 2 weeks later...

autozone & advance also have listings for them (dual wheel toyota trucks)

I have 1 that I can sell you for $100. It is the dually model v6 auto model. The part number is 89661-35430. Let me know if it matches I can ship it out to you sometime next week.

Thank you,

Navy

I have 1 that I can sell you for $100. It is the dually model v6 auto model. The part number is 89661-35430. Let me know if it matches I can ship it out to you sometime next week.

Thank you,

Navy

reread his post( I had to), he did buy 1.

good to know you have 1, I would hold onto yours until someone else needs it if they are "hard to source" computers. your computer will also fit 4Runner/truck 2wd V6 1989 August production date to-1990.August production date.

• 1 month later...

This is a picture of mine from an 89.

IMG_2174.jpg

I'm not too sure if it is the same as a 4runner or regular truck... the C&C models have a different shift pattern, I'm no expert, but believe the computer controls that...

My part number is 89661-35241