Inverter generator

DouglasW

Honda's are pretty much the same price where ever you go some are a bit more but they all are around $1000 for a 2K watt. Yamaha maybe a $100 less and as far as I'm concerned just as good. They don't seem to deal much on the brand names. You do get what you pay for and you'll pay for the quiet. Ryobi is making one now I don't know much about them yet but I have several of their tools and has no real complaints I would like to hear one running they are around $600.

Honda's are pretty much the same price where ever you go some are a bit more but they all are around $1000 for a 2K watt. Yamaha maybe a $100 less and as far as I'm concerned just as good. They don't seem to deal much on the brand names. You do get what you pay for and you'll pay for the quiet. Ryobi is making one now I don't know much about them yet but I have several of their tools and has no real complaints I would like to hear one running they are around $600.

also, word on the street is the 2k Honda will run AC... if you upgrade starting cap on the AC.

What is the starting cap on the Air Conditioner? Just new to this. DouglasW on Gabriola Island

Every air conditioner has a starting capacitor. the stock ones are junk usually (though some brands use nice ones). Swapping in a more potent capacitor allows the unit to take the initial load from the capacitor instead of choking your generator. that initial hit that starts the compressor can be viscous but then once running rapidly drops off.

The BTU's of your A/C also matter. Mine is a small 7,000 not the standard 10,000 or the preferred 14,000. It starts and runs just fine with my Honda 2000, no problem at all because of the small size.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. While traveling in the States where is the best and cheapest place to buy a 2000 watt inverter generator. Thanks. DouglasW on Gabriola Island

The honda dealer near where I live (Cape Canaveral, FL) quotes $999 - claims honda will not let them sell it for less. (eu2000i)