Toyota pickup 1982 U joints--help

ANyone know if the u joints in a 2WD 22R 4 cyl pickup need lubricating? or are they sealed points?

they are bone dry(2 of them)..i got a feeling they are sealed reason is as dry as they seem, they d be crackling away while driving

chassis is attached to a HUntsman camper

Thank you

can be eather way check them frozen joints can damage the diff bearings. check them to see if they have g rese fittings. even if they can be lubed and no one did they are probly junk. if they are sealed YOU CAN REPLACE THEM WITH GREASABLE ONES i would not install anything else. ANY NOISE AT ALL I AM SHURE THEY ARE JUNK and DANGEROUS BAD JOINTS CAN COME APART IS THERE A THIRD CENTER U JOINT CHANGE ALL THREE

thanks for help

they appear to be sealed and running very smoothly no noise whatsoever

i bought truck 50K ago and havent replaced em

they fell off on my old Chevy truck and just trying to avoid that scary moment again

is there any way to test if they are in proper working condition? any suggestions? thanks

can be eather way check them frozen joints can damage the diff bearings. check them to see if they have g rese fittings. even if they can be lubed and no one did they are probly junk. if they are sealed YOU CAN REPLACE THEM WITH GREASABLE ONES i would not install anything else. ANY NOISE AT ALL I AM SHURE THEY ARE JUNK and DANGEROUS BAD JOINTS CAN COME APART IS THERE A THIRD CENTER U JOINT CHANGE ALL THREE

Edited by HUntsman

check for side to side play both ways should be none. Take drivline down and check for frozen joints. my 4wd was clanking a bit put on a rack rear joint locked up. put in greasable ones

All factory Ujoints have a grease fitting- sometimes over the years the can fall off, get covered with gunk/dirt/grease and hidden but some aftermarket Ujoints are sealed.

Dont go with anything other than Toyota factory Ujoints either.

Neat tidbit of info, the Toyota mini truck Ujoint is comparable to a domestic truck 1 ton Ujoint. thats been quoted many times from professionals and magazines- not my own opinion. my opinion is yes they are 1 ton strong BTW