Generator

Im thinking about having my neighbor (who is quite the welder) weld me a generator stand/ dirtbike holder for the back bumper.

a few questions though.

does anyone know if my camper is equiped with a generator compartment?

and also if this generator would be a good match... it seems to be quite the deal.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/tls/2884279373.html

Im thinking about having my neighbor (who is quite the welder) weld me a generator stand/ dirtbike holder for the back bumper.

a few questions though.

does anyone know if my camper is equiped with a generator compartment?

and also if this generator would be a good match... it seems to be quite the deal.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/tls/2884279373.html

Open all your outside compartments and see if any of them are steel lined. ALL generator compartments are lined for fire prevention.

i would bet also that it will be very noisy. another problem may be that it is not designed to run in a closed compartment if you hope to run it going down the road. also my bet is if you hope to run a roof top air it won't be powerful enough for most. if noise isn't a concern it's still not a great deal, but if only used once maybe not a bad deal. not sure if such an inexpensive unit, compared to what's out there, it can't be a real good unit imo.

i know i posted on same post earlier, but also do some research on the weight your bumper will take. from all i've read here the square bumper that holds the drain hose isn't designed to hold much more that the dust that collects on it and needs to be reinforced of you plan on hanging anything on it or pulling anything.

one more thing on the choice of a generator. before you buy hook it up to your mh and run everything you hope to use it for to make sure it works. originally i had a "quiet" generator made by coleman. even though it was designed to be more quiet than "regular" generators, it was too noisy to use when camping around others. i finally bit the bullet and got a honda. it hurts when doing it but it is quiet. i imagine the yamaha is as good, just no dealers close to me. i ended up buying at a place that sold and rented the units so i was able to plug it in and test all i wanted to run. i know how you feel, got a new toy and can't wait to make it perfect :o). do some homework on a generator choice before jumping on the first one you find. hind sight made it very clear to me the coleman was a mistake and i ended up paying too much even if it had worked. i may sound like i'm pushing my decisions on you, i really don't want to do that, just want to share the mistake i made so you might avoid the same. if a regular generator meets your needs and uses then that's the route you should take and save the money. have fun with your new toy.

good advice. I do plan on running it while im driving down the road so that is a must...

i dont think i am interested in that unit anymore... theres a few more older honda units for a bit more that look like they could work.....

I defiantly would love to get the eu2000 but it would take some saving....

Why would you run the gen set while your driving down the road. What are you trying to power

LS

good advice. I do plan on running it while im driving down the road so that is a must...

i dont think i am interested in that unit anymore... theres a few more older honda units for a bit more that look like they could work.....

I defiantly would love to get the eu2000 but it would take some saving....

Why would you run the gen set while your driving down the road. What are you trying to power

LS

well i guess its not a MUST. but i plan on moving to colorado in the fall and i know its nnot possible to run cab AC while driving in hilly terrain.

Not all that hot at 5000 ft either. I don't have air top or cab in my Sunrader. Get's pretty hot in Cal in the central valley but I'm fine with the window open.

Might be a problem if I was going to Las Vegas in the summer so I just wait until winter. You only turn off the air uphill. Turn it back on when your going down

LS

well i guess its not a MUST. but i plan on moving to colorado in the fall and i know its nnot possible to run cab AC while driving in hilly terrain.