Front window gasket source?

vrocrider

vrocrider;

If your talking about the rubber "keeper", I seen it on another thread. The rubber holds the window in the frame, It helps with sealing, but doesn't do a very good job.

Take a look at the following thread.

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3755

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Thanks for the link.

Yes, I'm trying to replace the rubber keeper or black thing around the glass similar to old car front glass setup.

Quoting you in the link... "1) From the outside, Remove the rubber keeper that holds the window in, MIne was dry, brittle, and cracked. Not a problem, I'm not going to re-use it"

and 85mirage in the link..."Thanks for the detailed how to because this is just what i need to do. I replaced some rubber keepers to stop water coming in. And now need to reglaze them as you described"

Have you guys replaced the black rubber keeper? Where can I get this?

Thanks.

Greg

[Have you guys replaced the black rubber keeper? Where can I get this?

hey greg

i did replace my keeper and purchased it from my local rv shop. i brought in a piece of the old and matched it up. Although linda told me after to look at window glass itself and sure enough on the glass it faintly says Herhr {i mispelled} and some numbers. so u could order it online as well. Umm damn forgot the name of the site but u could try google rv window gasket.

My windows still leak. i need to remove glass and reglaze. and then reputty an rekeeper them for a second time! Did u do that? how did it go?

good luck

Thanks for input.

I have not done my window yet. Have a guy lined up that makes custom motorcycle windshields to make me a tinted polycarbonate duplicate of my present broken plexiglass window. Wanted to change gasket at same time.

Thanks for your help.

Greg

You should tell him you can send him some business if it comes out good and post his name and phone number. Not a lot of Mirages but I'm sure at some time all of them are going to need a window. Not a bad business to be the only place anywhere to get one

Linda S

Thanks for input.

I have not done my window yet. Have a guy lined up that makes custom motorcycle windshields to make me a tinted polycarbonate duplicate of my present broken plexiglass window. Wanted to change gasket at same time.

Thanks for your help.

Greg

• 4 months later...

Bought one and spent wayyyyyyyyy too much money on it only to throw it out. Not only was it damn near impossible to wedge in some of the areas, but it kept falling out in others. Ended up using a black type of silicone caulking that can withstand extreme temperature fluctuations. Honestly it looks perfect and you would never guess it's caulked even if you were close up (I'm no pro with a caulking gun). In my opinion it is superior to the gasket and muchhhh cheaper. Believe I spent $36 on the gasket and the caulking was $5. 1 year later and no leaks and the seal along the window should outlive the camper.