Hello all,

I'm a new owner, and really, a NEWBY all around with RV's. I want a little more power for my 80' Hunts and heard that 3RZ swaps aren't too difficult to manage. I'm also considering the 22RE, just don't want a CARB'd power plant. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

post-6046-0-75546200-1328584824_thumb.jp

I have owned 7 toyot a s Five carbs two 22re efi . Converting a carb vecule to efi would be very hard the carb does not have the computor stuff the efi injecton is very Complex. THE22r carb has more power then the older 20R carb .WHY do you not want a carb. Four Of myn were the older 20r stock 95 hp i have a 78 20r with a webber carb gives a little more power. 18 ft moter home, NONE OF THESE MOTER HOMES ARE BUILT FOR SPEED the 4 speed stick will take you anywhere. THAT IS ABOUT SAME AS MY MINIMAX YOUR HUNTSMAN

I'm afraid you're going to find little help with your swap(s) here. Toyota MH owners don't seem to be very inclined that way.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=22r+3rz+swap&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Here are my thoughts:-

Not much to be gained (HP) by switching to 22RE specs;

Probably for the same work, you could do the 3RZ swap;

Either swap would be a lot easier if you had a complete parts vehicle available;

Enjoy it the way it is while you sort out the motorhome portion and while you decide if you actually like the motorhome lifestyle.

3rz has exhaust on passenger side instead of driver's side.Need custom exhaust to clear gas tank and motorhome stuff. More importantly does your motorhome have a full float axle. Looks like it's sitting pretty low too.Springs? shocks ?

LS

I'm afraid you're going to find little help with your swap(s) here. Toyota MH owners don't seem to be very inclined that way.

http://www.google.ca...lient=firefox-a

Here are my thoughts:-

Not much to be gained (HP) by switching to 22RE specs;

Probably for the same work, you could do the 3RZ swap;

Either swap would be a lot easier if you had a complete parts vehicle available;

Enjoy it the way it is while you sort out the motorhome portion and while you decide if you actually like the motorhome lifestyle.

• 4 weeks later...

email me for any info you need on swapping a 3RZ into your early 80s truck, i am sourcing one now for my 83.

The exhaust is fairly simple, 1 90 degree bend and its to the other side with plenty of room to work with being 2wd only.