The 'C' in your tire description indicates 'Commercial' and not the Load Range. Pretty much the only tires available are still 185R14" (with or without the 'C') in either Load Range C or D.

You say your Toyota 'started life as a U-Haul'. What has it become? If it hasn't put on too much weight, LR C should be fine. But if you're going to be nearer the 6000lb GVWR (as most Toyota motorhomes are) then I'd say go for LR D. They only cost a couple of dollars more.

Of the 'Big Name' tire companies, you can still find the Yokohama Y356, Hankook RA08 and Continental Vanco 2. Michelin (Agilis) and Bridgestone (RD-603) stopped supplying the North American market a number of years ago. Careful shopping should get any of these for less than $100 each, installed and balanced.

DEREK you forgot the Nexen known as the THUNDER ER ROAD RANGER sold in only the west ern US. by LES SCHWAB . I have those in that size.

I bought a set of mirrors site unseen said too be toyota now i know they are toyota U HAUL that pic told all.

• 2 weeks later...

This 'problem' with the Kumho 857 has come up before. I'm guessing you looked them up on www.tirerack.com. For some reason TireRack has chosen to list them as a trailer tire, even though the aren't (apparently) marked 'Trailer Use Only' or 'ST185R14'. Kumho doesn't mark them as such and I assume they employ enough lawyers to not make such a glaring error. There are a few users on the Forum & Group who use them without complaint. IIRC, they cost as much as or more than the others, so I doubt I'll be trying them. There are more happy users of the Hankook RA08, which is probably what I'll be trying when the time comes.

5Toyota

DEREK you forgot the Nexen known as the THUNDERER ROAD RANGER sold in only the west ern US. by LES SCHWAB. I have those in that size.

The Nexen's are sold under other names also I've seen a Dolphin with Woosung tires on it, see : http://www.ratwell.com/technical/TirePhotos.html

vanman

I did say in my original post that I was mentioning the 'Big Names'. Woosung? Not a name I've heard before nor likely to remember.

EDIT:

Did some Googling. In 2000 Woosung changed it's name to ...................... NEXEN! :mellow:

Don't know when you saw the Dolphin with the Woosung tires, but I guess there's a good chance those tires are 12 years old.

I got a set of 6 Hankook's last summer by internet/mail order from Discount Tire in California. I was visiting family in the US and had them delivered to Las Vegas. Cost was about $72 each and about $30 for delivery. Walmart installed them for me. I'm very happy with them. They cost almost double that in Canada. :-( Wayne

Derek up North

I did say in my original post that I was mentioning the 'Big Names'. Woosung? Not a name I've heard before nor likely to remember.

Did some Googling. In 2000 Woosung changed it's name to ...................... NEXEN! Don't know when you saw the Dolphin with the Woosung tires, but I guess there's a good chance those tires are 12 years old.

Well, they looked OK on the sidewalls and tread, was interested as they were the 195R14's. It was a really old Dolphin model 400 like ours, but in really bad shape, there are some Toyota motorhomes that live in the Park so they don't move around much. Her tailpipe runs straight out the center rear and it's not round anymore, has been flattened much, we haven't seen her around lately, but most of the others are still there.

We are happy with our new RA08"s.

vanman

I've got over 20,000 miles on mine and they are a little over a year old. They are in very good shape, with no signs of tread wear.

About 2,000 of those miles were on gravel, dirt, and broken up chip seal (Alaska Highway, Dalton Highway and Top of the World Highway)

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I will have 6 Hankook Ra08's on order soon, found a deal on them at pep boys for $449 for 6 plus Illinois sales tax and i can pick them up when in northern IL on business. They have a free ship to store for special orders starting Feb 29th. I'll bring 'em home and have them mounted here in Green Bay

I will have 6 Hankook Ra08's on order soon, found a deal on them at pep boys for $449 for 6 plus Illinois sales tax and i can pick them up when in northern IL on business. They have a free ship to store for special orders starting Feb 29th. I'll bring 'em home and have them mounted here in Green Bay