Streamlining/aerodynamics

DouglasW

Get a 6 ft long piece of plastic pipe that's 12-24 inches in diameter. Cut it longwise into four or five equal pieces, i.e. 6 ft long, and it would be 90deg (or 1/4) of the pipe diameter.

Mount these on the back corners and top so the stick out in the airstream a couple inches.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

post-4544-0-68597700-1379349432_thumb.jp

Yah, sides and top. The only thing I would add to that drawing, I bet there is a bow wave also. the area about a foot or two in front of the truck is dead space, no ai movement. thats probably one of the reasons the cooling clutch seems to cycle at highway speeds, air is not being forced thru the front, it is stagnant.

I've been meaning to put some tufts on the hood and take some photos going down the road to see what the airflow looks like.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I plan on building a belly pan from the front radiator support or bumper back to the bulkhead to cover the bottom end. My VW Jetta diesel has this set up & I think that it helps me to get 50 mpg... There is a lot of air swirling around in the engine bay..

This was evident when the valve cover developed a slight leak.........Donnie

I plan on building a belly pan from the front radiator support or bumper back to the bulkhead to cover the bottom end. My VW Jetta diesel has this set up & I think that it helps me to get 50 mpg... There is a lot of air swirling around in the engine bay..

This was evident when the valve cover developed a slight leak.........Donnie

Don't forget that all the air that goes through the radiator must have a place to go,so don't seal things to tight.