Everyone discusses there search for the 185 r14, but never mentions if they're a 60, 65, 70, or 75 depth. I need to order tires so they'll be in when I get back into town, however. I'm not sure which specific size/depth is standard. Any advice would be appreciated since there's nobody back home to read me off the tire numbers. Thanks

The 185R14 is a truck tire. Passenger car tires have the extra number in them. Truck tires do not. Truck tires have stiffer sidewalls which is important with duals, (so i was told by a tire dealer. I found a shop near my house that had them, I ordered 7 new ones and the guy went out of business before they came in. LUCKY for me, I did not pay for them when I ordered them. Now to find another dealer that will order and install them in the spring. I am looking now.

Bob C if you live in the west coast states i just bought some of those les Schwab thunderer road rangers. rated 8 ply rated LT truck. another good large company east and west is Big O Tires. Yes running car tires is dangerous . in time the side walls can breack down and result in a blowout. Sorry i forgot you are north east coast. maybe big O is there. In the west we have 480 Schwabs if i have a problem can get took care easy

Tire rack has warehouses in Connecticut, Indiana and some other places. You only pay shipping from the closest warehouse.

Bus Depot is in Pa.

Linda S

Bob C if you live in the west coast states i just bought some of those les Schwab thunderer road rangers. rated 8 ply rated LT truck. another good large company east and west is Big O Tires. Yes running car tires is dangerous . in time the side walls can breack down and result in a blowout. Sorry i forgot you are north east coast. maybe big O is there. In the west we have 480 Schwabs if i have a problem can get took care easy

linda s

Tire rack has warehouses in Connecticut, Indiana and some other places. You only pay shipping from the closest warehouse. Bus Depot is in Pa.

Linda S

When we got our tires Tire Rack didn't have the Hankook's so we ordered from a local independent tire shop. I would assume most can order these tires. Shop around for the best price OTD, ie. including mount & balance.

vanman

The most tire stores (Discount Tire, Les Schwab, Auto Zone, etc, etc) generally have a "Beat Any Price" policy. A little research can easily save you a few hundred bucks if your looking at 7 tires.

Check out this link for tire discussion:

Buying Tires

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto