Campgrounds in Colorado

looking for some reasonably priced camp grounds in the loveland/fort collins colorado area.what ive found is either way too expensive or do not allow older rvs in.i found two that were350 a month but denied me because of the age of camper. i have a 1979 dolphin.she is in great shape. so any info would be appreciated. thank you larry

i dont know colorado i have 1978 minimax the koa in pasco wash state let us stay for a four day deal twice but by the month they said they dont but no problem on a short stay love that age discrimination dont you have heard rumers that the state parks can not discriminate but i do not know if that is true or not

I stopped at a nice campsite near Hill City, SD and was told that my camper was too old. When I complained, they agreed to let me stay but the price went from the posted $25 to $75. The butt head acted insulted when I gave him a one finger salute and moved on. Found a great place in Hill City for $20. Don't remember the name.

This age discrimination thing is very interesting. We have camped in our 91 Itasca all over the southeast, never an extended stay, but have never run into any issues concerning an older RV. Could you explain the reason that an older RV is not allowed. We have stayed in campgrounds that allow extended stay and have noticed campers, especially trailers, that are very old but road worthy. That would seem to me as the only criteria for not allowing an old camper to stay in a campground.

The place near Hill City was definitely filled with snobs. They looked down on anything under $200,000. Those of us traveling on a budget were not worth of staying at their facility. They even had a "cab" (golf cart) service that would pick you up to take you to the clubhouse.

my son went to arzona from wash state he had a 1953 Kentskill trailer and a 1983 Dodge ramcharger and a lot of places would not let him in the camp i called one place about our 1978 and can you beleve this the women said you can stey here for a short time but you have to take it with you when you leave i did not go there i have heard rumers of old trailers being abbandend hunters have don that in the woods here

dolphinguy - what sort of place are you looking for? What is "too" expensive? How long are you thinking of staying?

I'm from Longmont and I know a few around there. Otherwise I can only really recommend places that would require a bit of offroading. There is also a Camping World on I-25 just north of the Highway 66 junction (barely north of Longmont, headed towards Loveland). Supplies and information can be had there.

dolphinguy - what sort of place are you looking for? What is "too" expensive? How long are you thinking of staying?

I'm from Longmont and I know a few around there. Otherwise I can only really recommend places that would require a bit of offroading. There is also a Camping World on I-25 just north of the Highway 66 junction (barely north of Longmont, headed towards Loveland). Supplies and information can be had there.

hello i am in berthoud. i'm looking for a few places to stay a few nights. i just got the dolphin rolling and want to check some places out.either with or without hookups. thanks